• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
gerry

Plastic Inlet Manifold On 93/94 Gti..

gerry

Can anyone clarify if an earlier say 91 inlet is the same as the later plastic ones??

Basically jsut about to buy to buy a late 1993 built 205 gti which has the plastic inlet in stead of the ally one.

And the car has basically gone under a ute very very lightly and the front of bonnet/grill etc has pushed down on it and cracked it :(

Now what are my options to fix the inlet?

Can I get another inlet off another 1.9 gti be it alloy or plastic, or does it have to be the same and if so what are my chances of getting a plastic one or are the alloy ones better??

Thanks in advance Gerry

welshpug

afaik they will fit just fine, even the throttle body will swap over.

not sure however if the alloy inlet will have the relevant fixings for any extra stuff a Motronic equipped aus car would have but it shouldn't be hard to make them fit, they may even be limited to the throttle body.

gerry

Is there any advantages to getting another plastic one (If I can) or just get alloy one??

Yeah only differance really here is air con...

Here is piccy..

pug6_zps41caf2dd.jpg

Edited by gerry

Carbs4me

i have a spare inlet for a 1.9 if your interested... but for the postage to oz im not sure how much that would be.

Carbs4me

me and my mate where talking about this last night about plastic inlets over the metal ones, and we decided the air would be cooled better with a metal over plastic one.

gerry

Have you a plastic or metal one??

welshpug

just remembered, Graham would be able to tell you more, he has a plastic inlet on his engine IIRC

petert

Yes, so long as it's a Motronic manifold (with coil mounts) it's a straight swap. Earlier Jetronic cars have the coil mounted over near the battery etc.

Miles

Plastic ones are better, The only downside is as you know they can break. But as said the late Alloy ones have all the take off's

gerry

Will have to put up a wanted for a plastic one then (will first see how bad the one is as it maybe be able to be fixed...)!! Or just get a later alloy one...

Cheers for the replys everyone :)

205Mi16Mick

Hi Gerry,

Where the heck in WA did you find one of these? You haven't mentioned it to me. :D Is this the end of the white one? :P

I have a spare alloy inlet manifold from an '87 if you can't find anything better.

Regards,

Michael

gerry

Lol Michael it wont fit as I need it to have the coil in the centre mounting points :)

Getting it from over east, once it comes I may sell the white one....

205Mi16Mick

I saw that, but couldn't you mod one?

That explains how you found one in WA. :D

Edited by 205Mi16Mick

gerry

Nah I want it factory look....

Sign in to follow this