• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
lynmorgan

Competition 309 Gti Length Driveshaft Axles... Where From?

lynmorgan

Currently use a 205 gti for stage rallies and want to get stronger shafts after failing to finish epynt on the weekend due to a breakage. Has anyone got any good contacts for geting some made?

Also does anyone know who makes some nice outer cv joints?

Baz

Just buy decent ones.

GKN/OE/ABMotorsport

Edited by Baz

lynmorgan

ok thanks was hoping to get some uprated ones as ive broken 2 now in the last year, not bad i suppose but would be nice to stop it with stronger material and tidier driving maybe

Baz

What were they? Unknown/generic motor factor brands i presume?

Decent OE/GKN ones take a beating in my experience, on to-p of that you can get the purpose made ABM ones & from other sources, but more £££.

welshpug

Try dave mac, aka gripper, i think they still do uprated shafts, which bit breaks by the way? Usually cv's isnt it?

lynmorgan

Both shafts that broke were genuine pug 309 ones bought brand new when they were still available from peugeot, they did last quite well and took a fair beating to be fair but both broke in the same place, the inner splines that hold the tripod bearings snapped away from the rest of the shaft. been looking at getting some made from s155 material, which seems like the way forward but rather expensive. Would rather pay the money and finish the event though. Will give gripper a call then mei, thanks :lol:

Edited by lynmorgan

Chris H

After the GKN shafts changed design and became usless on rallies i.e. last one ot two stages, i've started using these shafts and they have been excellent so far. Not had any issues and all made out of new parts, no recon rubbish here. Nice and cheap too :-)

http://www.driveshaftstore.co.uk/index.php?search

brumster

I've been through the mill looking for replacements, believe me, and you can by all means go to GKN motorsport who will make you up some shafts for the best part of £250 a popwith a donated outer cup/spline. Problem is, from what I've seen, those are always the bits that fail, shearing at the base of the outer splined pin. If you want those bits uprated, the GKN bloke told me it would be the best part of £600 to have one machined to spec... which is just plain daft for my level of motorsport.

I've been using brand new OE ones but now use AB Motorsport's 309 shafts. I had the first pair Andy had made up, and have given them 2 events worth of abuse, and they are absolutely fine so far. Then again, I do drive them properly....

Sign in to follow this