• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

welshpug

In what respect?

petert

Oil squirters dumping all the oil pressure.

dave richards

this something you are going to look into then?

welshpug

I would imagine given the much lower RPM the diesel engine runs at that they have larger bore piston oil spray jets, increase the rpm and pressure with fresh bearings then most of the oil would probably piss out as Sandy experienced, that's how I see it anyway :)

looking at the oil pump and drives the diesel uses a smaller sprocket on the crank so the pump is also turned slower, though the pump internals may differ, they are different part numbers but still use a 6 bar spring, not that any of this is relevant given they have a dry sump.

petert

I just see at four holes where you can loose oil pressure, BEFORE the oil is delivered to the bearings.

welshpug

I wonder if the petrol block ones could be used, the threads are the same, M6x1, both RFY and RFS use the same spray bars, as does the RFV till late 95.

n/a XU10 doest use them, but the XU10J2TE does use small ones similar to the diesel engine.

wicked

I just see at four holes where you can loose oil pressure, BEFORE the oil is delivered to the bearings.

Also when you drive in a straight line, but the the pressure is ok...

welshpug

Yes, a rather misleading title, this would be starvation not surge :P

petert

yeah, yeah, what ever, but when surge is happening you know what comes next. Just one to add to all the other conspiracy theories............................

Mad Scientist

Interesting theory this, but a couple of things spring to mind. Sandy mentioned to me that he usually blocks them off in his xu builds and never had a problem. However.......... DJmini's old engine ended up running the bearings. Not sure if that one had the spray jets or not?

wicked

Still you need a theory that connects the cornering of the car with the squirters dumping more oil than when driving in a straight line...

Blocking them will maybe keep the pressure up longer during cornering, but I cannot see the squirters being a 'cause' for a theory...

Batfink

what makes everyone think they will find the golden bullet? Its very unlikely to be a single design failure, but more an amalgamation of a few small issues creating a big problem.

• Like 1

B1ack_Mi16

However it is probably a reason why the TD engine and T16 has larger oil-pump internals.

Exactly to be able to keep the oil pressure at normal levels even though the oil flow volume is larger than in NA petrol engines.

Sign in to follow this