• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
CHRISWB

2.0 Turbo Wiring Help Needed.

CHRISWB

I have spent the past couple of week reading and reading on here, just don't seem to have found what I want so here goes.

I'm now ready to put my 2.0 turbo engine in and I'm unsure of the wiring, I have taken the wiring out for the old engine and want to know about putting the new wiring in not sure about how to wire it up.

Is there anyone on here who could help or that lives in Yorkshire that wants to call round an give us a hand?

pug_ham

I should be able to help, drop me a pm with your address etc & I'll see when I might be able to call round.

g

pug_ham

I've now got Chris's loom & was going through it yesterday to find the wires needed to join into the 205 loom & get it working but a few questions for those who have converted to the 2.0 turbo using the MP3.2 loom.

There isn't a shunt box ecu permanent feed like on the previous looms I've converted, do people join the wires that need this on the loom together & use the shunt box plug from the 205 ecu loom or connect it by another method?

I've found the wires needed for the fuel pump & double relay but looking at the wiring diagram I found through searching on here, the VSS goes to a signal amplifier which isn't on the engine bay loom, how have people got around this & connected the vss up?

post-71-0-60855100-1345210475_thumb.jpg

g

dave205

I connected all the permanant lives together and soldered them onto one of the black plugs that goes in the 205 shuntbox.

I have a diagram at home somewhere of how the vss is wired up, i'll try and find it for you.

welshpug

That's a 2 pin VSS pictured I believe, you need to fit a 3 pin one and add a switched live + earth, had to do the same on the 406V6 loom when fitted into anything else, i.e 205/306.

can't get my Autodata to work though, but if you look at the 306 gtgi6 or S16 wiring that'll give you pinouts and voltages to expect.

is your copy of autodata easily copied Graham? would be handy to get one on my new install as I cant seem to get the old one to work.

Edited by welshpug

pug_ham
I connected all the permanant lives together and soldered them onto one of the black plugs that goes in the 205 shuntbox.

I have a diagram at home somewhere of how the vss is wired up, i'll try and find it for you.

Nice one, thats what I was planning to do but thought I'd check if people had done it another way.

That's a 2 pin VSS pictured I believe, you need to fit a 3 pin one and add a switched live + earth, had to do the same on the 406V6 loom when fitted into anything else, i.e 205/306.

Ok, I'll have a look. I've got a Xantia loom here but think its the same, handily I also have a 306 & 406 hdi loom here which both have three pin VSS's but no speedo cable hole iirc.

g

pug_ham

Any luck finding this diagram dave?

Made a bit more progress today, I've looked at the 306 GTi-6 ecu wiring diagram & seen that (as planned) I can use the switched feed from the double relay (tb heater wire? ), the 406 vss input is to pin 9 so if I find that wire at the two round plugs I don't need to open the ecu plug & an earth which is easy.

g

pug_ham

What do people do about the running of the loom / location of the ecu because when battery tray mounted, the loom is running in the opposite direction to the 406 so the plugs for the knock sensor, cas, coil pack, ignition amp & sensors are all at the wrong side.

I spoke to Chris about putting the ecu in the jack position so it all runs as it did in the 406 but the space is too small.

Horrible looms to work with to make a decent conversion wired in neatly.

g

welshpug

with a V6 loom from the 406 I moved the ecu to behind the battery, not a massive task in the end as it only needed a few wires extending, and quite a few shortening infact.

pug_ham

I'm not saying its a massive task but to do it well is another thing.

I've already considered swapping the ecu pins for the CAS & Knock sensor to overcome the wire length here but as the plugs are all sealed, shortening the others isn't ideal without new plugs / pins & untaping the loom to do this is just a pita.

g

welshpug

I don't think I touched those pair Graham, only re-routed, though the length and position might vary a lot for the V6 - turbo engines.

pug_ham

So not quoting from experience...

g

pug_ham

I've had a quick look at this but swapping the ecu pins would be pointless, the sensor plugs have different keyways. :(

Shame because it didn't look hard to sort at the ecu plug.

Just swapping over position for position is;

• 11 >< 48
  • 14 >< 24
  • 30 >< 49

g

pug_ham

Took a better look at the loom & the cas sensor will plug into the knock sensor plug but not other way round so a new plug with correct key way will see it sorted. :)

g

dave205

with a V6 loom from the 406 I moved the ecu to behind the battery, not a massive task in the end as it only needed a few wires extending, and quite a few shortening infact.

I did the same on my turbo conversion, wasent to difficult to do either, i just split the loom apart so the cables that needed to stil reached the other side of the engine bay.

boilerhouse1980

Has anyone got a diagram of all wires that need connecting up and exactly where they go ? Thanks

On xu102jte conversion

boilerhouse1980

What is the 2 pin yellow plug with wires 415 and 414?? Where are wire meant to go ?? Do these wires need connecting if so where to green wire 808 from brown plug coolant blower green wire 1232 to evaporation purge valve grey wire 112a from pin 1 of 02 sensor ?? Cheers

Sign in to follow this