• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
peter

2.0 8V Turbo Mp3.2

peter

i have winols, and a "hex dump" from a 605 turbo, but cant really do much with it, or which maps do what!

[L'e$kro]

I had a quick look at both, and Tuner Pro seems more user friendly to me. You have what they call "Drivers" that point out the offsets of the interesting maps, so no need for Matrix reading skills to find them :D

Now I'm not sure the "Drivers" for the Bosch mp3.2 management are available in their software.

Also, from what I've read, Tuner Pro works with the Ostreich emulator, so you can write to the ECU while driving, pretty handy.

I've just bought a cheap 406 Turbo CT, so I might join the bandwagon once I've finished a few other projects..

Nico

Slo

ECU ending in 219 has both a removable EPROM and no immobiliser :)

If there's no imobiliser then how does the keypad affect the ignition? I have 3 of these ecu's and they all had the rotten things.

Would be good to know I can not only not need to use it but do away with it entirely.

i need one of those, i have 3 of the others :angry:

Make me an offer for one ;)

Slo

Too late to edit my last post so...I've had a good look at the schematic and wiring diagram and from what I understand the keypad just switches the double relay and the relay in turn "enables" the ecu, so pin 3 on the ecu is more or less an on/off switch or rather a work and don't work switch, is that right?

pug_ham

Too late to edit my last post so...I've had a good look at the schematic and wiring diagram and from what I understand the keypad just switches the double relay and the relay in turn "enables" the ecu, so pin 3 on the ecu is more or less an on/off switch or rather a work and don't work switch, is that right?

Yes, I think pin 3 of the ecu earths the double relay pin 10 to latch power to that side of the relay which sends it to the coilpack etc.

g

Slo

Its the other way round the relay turns on the ecu but yes thats how I read it .excellent

pug_ham

The ecu has a direct battery feed from the shunt box to in pin 18 but it also receives a switched voltage to pin 37 of the ecu from pin 5 & earth signal for pin 36 but I thought it was the ecu earthing the relay after this topic.

post-71-0-59314900-1359675027_thumb.jpg

post-71-0-73823500-1359675032_thumb.jpg

g

Slo

Hmm I haven't studied the 406 wiring diagram yet so your probably spot on. God there's that many versions of this wiring malarky its unbelievable hehe there's mention of an inertia switch on that thread connected to pin 3 and that picture you just put up as well but the 605 version doesn't have one, at least the 3 i had didn't. If the ecu powers the double relay, I don't understand how the keypad can unlock the relay. Eh? I'm just gonna suck it and see

pug_ham

If the ecu powers the double relay, I don't understand how the keypad can unlock the relay. Eh? I'm just gonna suck it and see

The ecu doesn't power the double relay, the relay is powered directly from the shunt box to pins 8, 11, 14 & 15 with ignition switching to the relay to pin 2 that runs through to pin 10 which is earthed by the ecu but the relay also sends power to pin 37 of the ecu when its switched by the ecu earthing the relay through pin 36.

I assume there is some internal switching within the ecu that the keypad sends open circuit, preventing the ecu from earthing through pin 3 to hold the relay latched supplying power where its needed until the correct code is entered into the keypad.

Unfortunately Autodata doesn't have any wiring diagrams for the engine management on the 605 so the only diagrams I've seen are those from the peugeot.mainspot site or from autoelec.ru which are the same ones iirc.

g

[L'e$kro]

I've found a few useful things:

.bin file from ECU # "0 261 200 803"
Corresponding XDF file for TunerPro (it will allow to point to the interesting maps, aka offsets)
The maps in the XDF are in Czech apparently, so I translated what I could with Google Translate

vstrik zavrena skr.klapka - Injection Idle
vstrik castecne otevrena skr.klapka - Injection part load
vstrik plny plyn - Injection WOT

jiskra zavrena klapka - Igntion Idle
jiskra castecne otev klapka - Ignition part load
jiskra plny plyn - igntion full load

tlak turba 1 - Boost pressure
rychlost plneni tlaku - ???

Nico

• Like 1

wicked

Mine already had a hand written sticker on the main chip. :s

attachicon.gifDSC02229 (Large).JPG

Probably chip'ed:

http://www.austec.co.uk/performance-tuning.asp?Make=CITROEN&Model=XM&Engine=2000i%20TURBO%208V

Note that the 803 ecu has an eeprom that is twice as big as for the 219, so the XDF will not work on the 219.

Edited by wicked
  • Like 1

NFS

one question and probably a silly one so sorry in advance,
if you was to put a MBC in the vac line that goes to the map sensor in the ecu
could you trick it into thinking

you are running less boost and doesn’t cut the fuel? And then
up the fuel either by mapping or other methods? Could this work on the standard
ecu?

Or will a mapper remove the limit anyway?

[L'e$kro]

You can trick the ECU by making a hole in the line going to the map sensor. The other way of doing this would be to limit the current sent by the map sensor to the CPU so it will never reach the 1 bar limit and cut out the fuel.

Nico

welshpug

That wont work, the ecu uses MAP to sense engine load.

if you do need to run more than 1 bar to make power, just use a different ecu or map sensor.

Edited by welshpug

[L'e$kro]

If you run 1 bar while the ECU sees 950gr, it will still run quite OK (providing AFR is not out) and you won't get the annoying fuel cut.

Of course, this is not ideal, and it won't allow you to run 1,5 bar as anyway both the map sensor and the tables are limited to 1 bar.

Nico

Edited by [L'e$kro]

NFS

That wont work, the ecu uses MAP to sense engine load.

if you do need to run more than 1 bar to make power, just use a different ecu or map sensor.

Problem is i dont want to use an aftermarket ecu as 1 its too expensive and 2 i would have to either wire it in myself or pay someone to do it, then mapping ontop!

have people changed the map sensor in the ecu before? if so which map sensor have been used?

[L'e$kro]

Problem is i dont want to use an aftermarket ecu as 1 its too expensive and 2 i would have to either wire it in myself or pay someone to do it, then mapping ontop!

There is a shop in France where you can get a plug and play "Megasquirt based" ECU for ~400e. Goes straight onto the standard 55pin connector.

If the rules allow I can post a link, I'd have to retrieve it first :D

have people changed the map sensor in the ecu before? if so which map sensor have been used?

It has been done before. The sensor calibration table will need to be changed in the ECU.

There is a 400+hp 8v turbo 205 in France running on the standard (remapped) management. The owner's nickname is Eraser on internet/youtube. He replaced the map sensor to run 2bars of boost.

Nico

Edited by [L'e$kro]

NFS

Yeah you might aswell post the link or pm me it, ive searched for a build thread for eraser and cannot find any information about how he replaced the map sensor and for what, all i can find out is that he is using a 2.5 bar map sensor

[L'e$kro]

For the MS2 PNP ECU I wrote about earlier, here is the link.

For the map sensor he's using an external one, probably like the ones sold by VEMS

(I don't run any of those shops so I guess posting about them is OK :D )

Nico

Edited by [L'e$kro]

welshpug

Desoldered and used a cosworth item from memory.