• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
fatony1

Rad Fan Switch On Gti-6?

fatony1

I need to buy a new rad fan switch and from my understanding, the coloured 'ring' around the outside of the switch designates what temp it will make the fan cut in, is that right? If so, is there a certain switch (i.e certain coloured ring lol!) that people consider better to fit on a 205 running GTI-6 power? If so, what colour is it? The car was originally a 1.9 and the old fan switch has a red coloured ring.

Thanks in advance :)

stef205

I'm using a switch out a 106 desiel the temp reading is on the side of the switch, its a 2 pin switch as I'm using a spal fan, but there are a few option available for a standard gti. Or any switch that's a m22x1.5

allye

Get the switch with the purple band on it, this is the lowest temp rated switch for 205's and ideal for as 6' in a 205.

Anthony

Yup, purple band is 92/97 degree (slow/fast) rated, which means the fan comes on a little past halfway on the gauge.

fatony1

Thanks people, i take it genuine Pug is the only way to go..? If so, any of you service box champions care to do the deed..!? :P:D

welshpug

there is an even lower one, but really there's no need as it switches only a few degrees above thermostat temp.

88-83/92-87deg, its an early type with the terminals arranged |_| not - - -, intermotor part #50091, pug #1264.17

93-88/97-92deg, intermotor 50102, pug 1264.18, early type again, no colour code

the one Anthony mentioned is a later type, I believe is this one, violet+grey ring.

92-87/97-92deg intermotor 50092, pug 1264.44.

all found on here - http://www.intermotor.co.uk

Alan_M

Pretty sure the temperature is stamped on the switch. On the end, that goes into the rad I think.

welshpug

usually on the spanner flats or around the ring above it on the metal.

fatony1

Will the genuine Pug switch (1264.44) just be a switch made by Intermotor in a Peugeot box with the added ££ on the price?

(null)

welshpug

no, most likely Jaeger.

fatony1

I see. Do you guys rate Intermotor as a supplier? My old work (motorfactors) stock Intermotor stuff, just wondering it if will be fine to buy or should i pay the extra ££ and get genuine Pug?

Sign in to follow this