• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
ian010778

Fuel Line Replacement Advice

ian010778

Hi all,

I'm planning to replace my corroded fuel lines at the weekend and after having a quick look tonight I have a couple of questions.

Would I be best to go at the joints at the front of the car from underneath or via the engine bay? I can see them well enough with the bonnet up but access looks a bit awkward as they're under the brake servo near the firewall.

Also, the two joints toward the back of the car are secured with small hose clips and so is the return in the engine bay but the feed in has a union joint - can I re-use this hardware or do I have to get a new set of hardware once I've removed the old?

Any advice and general pointers would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Ian.

welshpug

peugeot still do the steel pipe, comes in one length enough to do one car I believe, should be able to re-use the compression joint on the front as long as you don't damage anything.

Edited by welshpug

matty_gti

As welshpug says, you can get the part from pug still. It comes in one long pipe that you cut in two and bend to shape. There aren't any unions though so the threaded part near the bulkhead isn't there. I've just used some braided injection fuel hoses and clamps all round which does the job.

Hope that helps. :)

• Like 1

ian010778

Cheers both - great help thanks, glad I should be ok re-using the threaded parts or just replacing them with clamps.

I do have the pipe already although I managed to order 2 from Peugeot so I have a full spare in case I mess it up :blink:

So when doing the joints in the engine bay should I go at it from above or would I get better access to the joints from underneath with the front on axle stands?

Ian.

pug_ham

You'll need the olive for the end of the fuel feed pipe to reuse the union to the filter lower flexi pipe imo if you want to reuse the rest of the original pipes.

Access isn't great from above or below with the engine etc fitted, maybe slightly better from above but its a close call imo.

g

ian010778

Cheers Graham - I'm considering just getting some new hose clips and using them on all four joints.

I'll probably put two on the fuel feed pipe for extra security.

Would there be any risk in doing this?

Ian.

rikky

glad i noticed this - i'm in the process of rebuilding my 205, it's a completely bare shell so no fuel lines or any brake lines. wondering the best route - might just run stainless pipework throughout, like i did on my track car, but underneath rather than internally. that should be fine shouldn't it? i was going to see if i could adapt the 306 lines in any way, i think they're fully plastic and never had issues with them :wacko:

kinda answered my own question there.

Edited by rikky

ian010778

I've noticed a lot of threads that say that copper piping is just as good too but I went down the 'see if my local dealer has some Peugeot pipe' route before I read them.

Not sure about the plastic though?

IOWGENTRY

Anyone know the price of the fuel line kit and part number please?

hoody_g

Part number : 0000157926 FUEL FEED PIPE

£21.68 GBP

Think that's the part.

Edited by hoody_g

MikeC

Has anyone used stainless piping?