• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
aarontrophy

205 Gti 2 Litre 8V Turbo

aarontrophy

I have the turbo 8v out of the 406 Sri in my 205 it has stage 3 ported n polished head has flowed and has the 205 gti 1.9 camshaft in it.

Been thinking about getting the turbo rebuilt with t28 internals. As many people say a t28 won't fit.

Is tht true?

I also want to update the camshaft is there 1 out there that ppls like? Kent, piper cat cam etc

I'm also running the vts 2 litre gearbox am thinking maybe a 1.9 box would be better?

Any good ideas ?

gandalf

Hi, I have the 406 turbo engine in my 205.

I have a hybrid T25 / T28 and the spool time is very quick, its very different to the T25 ! Well worth the money !

I didn't realy find anyone that sold a cam shaft for my engine, so I got one custom ground from spoox motorsport, I then bought a head with one in already, so I have one spare if you can't find anything .

Simon

camgti

I think PeterT may have a cam grind to suit a Turbo. If you drop him a PM Im sure he will suggest something and his prices are spot on. The T28 rebuild sounds like the way to go as far as I know, Im a big fan of using the smallest turbo required on a motor like yours.

Do you have a build thread?

Cam

aarontrophy

I have been in to 205 for many years now but only a member on this site for a month I have a lot of pictures to build a thread I will get round to it soon

I will contact PeterT

jonnyturbo

Theres someone on the 406oc forum whos fitted a t28 internals in to the standard turbo exhaust housing but needs to modify the oil return pipe. not sure if hes done it yet or not

• Like 1

jonnyturbo

Jus to make it clear hes fitted the turbo but not modified the oil return pipe to fit the turbo yet

aarontrophy

I was thinking on getting a dp manifold and turbo not to sure really

Miles

Cat Cam's do a cam for this engine as well, Mind I'd get a decent ECU on there first as this will gain more than anything

aarontrophy

I'm running omex 600 :)

Sign in to follow this