• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
c_robinson

Nut + Bolt Rebuild, 205 Gti...where To Source Nuts + Bolts?

c_robinson

I'm going to be rebuilding my 205 Gti (1600cc 8v running 1900 running gear) and i'm on the hunt for the best place to source the following:

Bolts:

4x bottom arm mounting bolts + nuts

2x bottom arm ball joint bolt + nut

2x Strut body to hub bolt + nut

2x steering arm nut

2x ARB nut

Engine/gearbox mounting nuts (assume they'll come with new mounts?)

That's it for now, will be doing the beam/backend later and got everything i need for that i think!

Any idea's, other than going to local bearing + fasteners place and finding copies!

Cheers

Charlie

BlueBolt

Ball joint in lower arm isnt replaceable so that's a new wishbone... Which if you're lucky may come with the bolts, if not then they should be available from Peugeot, or like you say from a fixings shop...

c_robinson

Sorry Chris I meant just the nut and bolt.

I didn't realise pueugeot still did these parts so will get in touch with my local stealer in the morning.

Thanks

Charlie

BlueBolt

Have a look on servicebox mate, it'll tell you all the bits that are nfp... If you haven't got access to it then sign up quick lol

Not only will it tell you the part numbers etc but will mean you can go to Pug with the actual part number so you know you're getting the right thing...!!

dale205mills

How I done my engine bay restore and the underside restore with new nuts and bolts were to have all my bolts re plated in zinc and went to my local iron monger for new stainless nuts, take a look at my link in my signature restoration over the winter and you will see what I done.

Edited by dale205mills

c_robinson

what's service box and where do i sign up?! sounds useful!!!

I'll take a look now at your rebuild thread, cheers

BlueBolt

Simply, it's the online parts catalogue for Peugeot...

http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com/

You'll need to tell a little fib when signing up and say you are part of a garage or something like that... Once you get used to it, it's extremely useful!!!

c_robinson

no joy entering my password and customer code having signed up as a professional motor repairer. Any clues?!

BlueBolt

Have a look on here at some of the threads about it, may be some help in one of them?? Not sure though, have you gone in through the link on email??

c_robinson

have searched, seems sunday nights are difficult at times to get on it. have clicked email link (although it's not an activation link, only a site link) and still telling me my username or password is wrong :(

BlueBolt

Unknown to me then sorry, maybe it's just a Sunday night thing as you have read??

Once you do get on it, you'll use it more than you thought you would!! Well I do for sure lol

c_robinson

cheers for your help Chris

welshpug

checked your emails for the right code?

as for nuts+bolts, unless its a specific pug/205 bolt, just find your local fasteners place, Andy may well know somewhere.

c_robinson

yeah I have Meirion...bloody thing!

Will take all the bolts i need to local fasteners and see what they can sort for me, it's the rarer bolts i'm after really (shouldered bolts, odd sizes etc)

Tom Fenton

I'm sure you have already realised, but a lot of stuff especially around the rear beam tends to be non standard fine pitch. Having said that you can get it all from a decent fasteners place, but be prepared for it to be, 1. expensive 2. to have to be specially ordered 3. to take a long time to arrive and 4. to come in self colour finish so will then need plating.

The other option of course is to have your bits sand blasted and then re-electroplated.

MrAndy

Found an old thread of bolts and nuts..

What's the hardness of the suspension bolts? are they the normal 8.8 or is there some bolts that need to be tougher?? Building my front end now that is.

Thanks.

-A-