• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
JR20516V

"b" Pillar Color Renewal-What Have You Used?

JR20516V

Just wondering what some of you may have used to "paint/cover" the B pillar to get it to factory look.

I believe it is a vinyl paint or vinyl covering.....any tips appreciated. [no mention in the paintcode sticky :{

chipstick

I've been meaning to wrap mine in Matt black vinyl but keep forgetting!

martyn180

It's a vinyl sticker, thats not quite satin , more Matt finish if that makes sense. I have a drivers one in the packet ready for the door to be refinished one day. I don't think they are available now but people have got the 306 one iirc and cut them down. 205 part no for drivers side is 8659.fs per my packet

Wes

i just painted mine in gloss black, no more vinyl to worry about.

deathbringer929

mine were originally painted satin black. had them wrapped with a carbon look matt vinyl. £25.00 supplied and fitted was happy with that and looks great.

G900GTI

Just wondering what some of you may have used to "paint/cover" the B pillar to get it to factory look.

I believe it is a vinyl paint or vinyl covering.....any tips appreciated. [no mention in the paintcode sticky :{

You should be able to find some matt or gloss vinyl locally or you could order some textured vinyl so it will look OEM

Tom Fenton

Early cars were paint, later are a textured 3M vinyl sticker. I bought one NOS off eBay a few months ago, I plan to get a mate who does stickers to make me some using this one as the template.

• Like 1

deathbringer929

Early cars were paint, later are a textured 3M vinyl sticker. I bought one NOS off eBay a few months ago, I plan to get a mate who does stickers to make me some using this one as the template.

more NFP new fenton parts!!! great stuff

• Like 1

chipstick

If be interested in the dimensions if you could measure them so I can run some off through my vinyl plotter :)

Henry Yorke

I have used black electrical tape before on a non GTI and it looked spot on. It is wide enough and flexible enough to go on smoothly with no creases

G900GTI

If be interested in the dimensions if you could measure them so I can run some off through my vinyl plotter :)

If you have CorelDRAW, this will take you seconds to draw ;)

Then at least you know its the right size.

chipstick

If you have CorelDRAW, this will take you seconds to draw ;)

Then at least you know its the right size.

Yeah, granted I could draw a rectangle and use that, but I don't have vinyl on mine as it's an early model - and i'm silly enough to ideally like to cut one with the exact shape however far into the corners and behind the seal they are supposed to go and have it correct as it should be.

G900GTI

Yeah, granted I could draw a rectangle and use that, but I don't have vinyl on mine as it's an early model - and i'm silly enough to ideally like to cut one with the exact shape however far into the corners and behind the seal they are supposed to go and have it correct as it should be.

Fair enough. I will draw it up for you when i get home

chipstick

That would be brilliant, Thanks :)

JR20516V

Thanks to all for great suggestions :}