• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
sensualt101

205's Existing In Scrapyards

sensualt101

i thought i would make this thread for any members who know of a 205 in a scrapyard as we often get single threads for the odd car but it would be useful to have a thread compiling all scrap survivors as spares for 205's are getting thinner on the ground.

so please post if you know of a 205 in a scrapyard giving as many details as possible such as model , condition , colour , registration and the location/yard details

it will be of use to many and of course could mean some more 205's getting saved! as some of our members ( hardcore restorers! ) love a challenge!

also rarities may be found like the sole yellow 205 gti for instance ( anyone know where that is? ) also there could be a couple of 1fm's or griffes hiding

many thanks

Mark :)

• Like 1

205wrc

F457 WOL

Scrap Yard :- Tanygroes Car Dismantlers (near Aberporth)

Tel :- 01239 811 008

Found this car in a scrap yard in West Wales today. It had an old tax disc in the glove box - taxed on 02/12/08 in Kingsbury, Tamworth, Staffs. It also had PSOOC sticker on the driver side rear window and 205 GTI Drivers.com sticker on the rear window. Front seats had gone but the rears were full leather. Dark grey, sunroof model.

IMAG0248.jpg

IMAG0247.jpg

IMAG0249.jpg

Edited by 205wrc

harryskid

I know of two sat in grass up to the roofs but the tight wad farmer won't sell em, hes also got old vans and other old cars and he keeps hens in them ! What a waste , i offered a good price for the two but hes says i've got to put my hens some where. Silly old bugger !

Liquid_106

Buy him a shed in payment?

hudson

there is two sat outside a garage near here and he wont part with them there rotting away i asked to buy a fuel pump off one he wanted 50 pounds needless to say the pump is still sat there in them greedy old bastxxd i rung our local scrap yard and he had one in but said it was sold to a lad who was going to restore it

pp205

A recent phone round of my local (Exeter) scrappies found nothing. These were Woodbury Car Breakers, White Horse, All Parts and Kirton. Don't remember any being round for a few years now.

Simon

harryskid

A recent phone round of my local (Exeter) scrappies found nothing. These were Woodbury Car Breakers, White Horse, All Parts and Kirton. Don't remember any being round for a few years now.

Simon

I have had a few good 205 bits from Kirton, mostly new bits ie phase1 downpipe and new head light units. Very helpful people i thought and the last thing i bought from them was a very good set of 306gti brakes for a modest £60. :D

Wes

i know of a scrappy in somerset that has got loads of 205's and a couple 309's, not telling you lot where though :P

sensualt101

i know of a scrappy in somerset that has got loads of 205's and a couple 309's, not telling you lot where though :P

thats the whole point of the thread? :huh:

allye

Grist group scrap yard in Westbury has a red gti ph2, Dturbo, STDTand a bunch of diesels and tu's.

chipstick

There was at least 9 205 GTis and a few 309 GTis the last time I went. And a nice stack of 309 GTi bumpers with the lights in laid up.

I'm keeping quiet too ;)

harryskid

Would this be at Castle Cary ? or near Somerton?

Anulfo

There was at least 9 205 GTis and a few 309 GTis the last time I went. And a nice stack of 309 GTi bumpers with the lights in laid up.

I'm keeping quiet too ;)

Sh**e!!!Why do i not know about this place??I don't exactly need anything but i find such places fascinating!!!

sensualt101

i am sad to see so many people who know of cars in scrap yards with 205's replying to this thread but say they are keeping quiet??? your input to this thread is useless rather than useful!!! :angry:

here is one i have found! apart from the fact it appears to have no keys or audio equipment it looks like a car that could easily be saved! anyone? surely somebody will find this car of use?

http://windley.dhsystems.co.uk/breaking-vehicles/vehicle-details/peugeot/205//manual/8592

take a peek!

dave205

I have 1 diesel, 1 turbo diesel and 1.1 petrol in my scrapyard :)

SurGie

I think people dont really want to let others know so as to stop the hoarders taking all the good bits that will sell for loads in the future.

Always good to know the whereabouts of scrap years that are hard to find.

Edited by SurGie

1 FAT PUG

I think people dont really want to let others know so as to stop the hoarders taking all the good bits that will sell for loads in the future.

Always good to know the whereabouts of scrap years that are hard to find.

thing is tho if they sit around for ages and dont sell anything from them then they will just scrap whats left

chipstick

thing is tho if they sit around for ages and dont sell anything from them then they will just scrap whats left

The yard in question has had the GTis for years. They are mostly complete with minimal bits sold off of them. All the ones I had a nosey at had full interiors, filled with about an inch of moss and were rotten through. First discovered it about 4 years ago and then went there recently. Nothing had moved around in that section by the looks of it. I asked about a set of speedlines, 100 for the wheels alone then the condition of the tyres depend on the final price. Its not surprising nothing is ever removed from them.

Will Eastman

Hey dave205, what scrapy is that, dont know of any good scrapys round us.

Paul_13

His back garden :lol:

dave richards

i know of one in here engine is intact but unsure of the condition, most panels are there but dinted, it's a phase 1.5 with be1 box, the box and gear stick are still there no interior, the rear beam is on the car i asked bout it they wanted £190 for it so left it ( i got a auto beam from a different yard for £50 a few weeks back completely mint) the clocks are in the car and show over 220000 miles

http://www.deatonsmetalcentre.co.uk/

dave205

Ive got a few im breaking myself, pt moores at steensbridge are a rip off and dont have many 205's now anyway.

Will Eastman

Yeh they are my local but abit of a rip off tbf. Where are you located out of interest. Im Hamnish, just outside leominster.

dave205

Im hereford and surrounding areas.