• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
johnnyboy666

Can 106 Seats Be Made To Fit In A 205?

johnnyboy666

as title really, looking to tidy up the interior a little and most second hand 205 seat are way past it in my price range, but tidy 106 seats are still quite cheap. Has anybody fitted or tried to fit?

Im sure as with most things they can be made to fit, but I dont want to be doing shagloads of work to get them in

whilst we're on the subject what seats are a tried and tested fit?

i'm sure ive seen 309, 405, and possibly 306?

what about 206? 307? 207?

cheers

allye

306gti6 have been done via welding to the sub frame, they are large though, same with the 206 gti seats, its been done but they are big.

Strickly derv has 309 seats in his Dturbo. 106 GTI seats would be a nice option I think, essentially smaller GTI6 so better suited to being retro fitted to 205's.

Tesstuff

I have the 306 leathers in my car, nice fit and look good.

Not large like the 206 ones which look massive even in a 306.

Ryan

309 and 405 front seats fit if you make a couple of small brackets. I have a 309 set in mine.

• Like 1

johnnyboy666

Daz are the 306 a straight fit? what about rears? (not that i often have rear passengers if i can help it, but would be good if they matched!)

welshpug

only 205 seats area direct fit to 205's ;)

Ryan

309 rears are also a straight swap, but the 309 fronts are wider (same width as 405 fronts)

Paul_13

309 rears are also a straight swap, but the 309 fronts are wider (same width as 405 fronts)

Rears are indeed a straight swap :) Fitted mine an hour ago. Cheers for those Baz

th_IMAG0636.jpg

Daviewonder

Strickly derv has 309 seats in his Dturbo.

Are they not 405 seats?

allye

Paul, have you fitted seats that are prob worth as much as the car to your GLD!? :lol:

Saying that, my sunglasses and sat nav that I keep in the 309 come to twice what I paid for it :blink:

Paul_13

Are they not 405 seats?

They are yes :)

Paul_13

Paul, have you fitted seats that are prob worth as much as the car to your GLD!? :lol:

Yep! I got it for free off my Dad, so yes much much more :lol:

The old 1.9 seats were f***ed :)

Baz

Rears are indeed a straight swap :) Fitted mine an hour ago. Cheers for those Baz

No worries buddy! They look B)

Actually having serious regrets about selling them as i said, they're a seriously tidy set and would look soo good in my white non sunny with it's shiny TH's & Goodwood all black/Alcantara door cards!! :ph34r:

johnnyboy666

dragging up an old thread here, but I shall be picking up some 306 leathers tommorow, anybody have any fitting tips? its a 5 door so tilt mechanism isnt essential.

will i need some sort of spacers to attach to the rails?

welshpug

hmm, maybe a porta power to make the car wider so they fit? :lol:

johnnyboy666

ahem. some slightly more useful tips would be, um, useful.

I think I'd be right in saying they can be fitted, correct me if I'm wrong?

Tesstuff

Mate, pop round and see mine.

johnnyboy666

got these now and given the rears a trial fit. It seems I am an accidental genius. Despite everybody saying the rears dont fit, and me ignoring them, it seems that rears from a soft top 306 (which is what I now have) fit near on perfect! the back rest need a bit of extra support so Im going to strip down the backrest from the old seats to the bare metal and bracket and then just attach the 306 back rest onto that.

I dont know how different these are to the standard 306 leathers but if anything they are a few cms narrower than the 205 seats not wider as people have said.

as for the fronts they have a lovely adjustable lumbar support, adjustable headrest (tilting) and the back rest adjustment is a lever rather than the annoying winder that takes forever!

the drivers seat (which will become the passenger seat) unfortunately has some of the stitching coming apart but I'm sure my mrs can work a bit of sewing magic on it :P

all I need to do now is see about getting these subframes fitted and figure out how much of a pain in the arse its going to be. But so far so good!

Oh yes and they are RED!!

Edited by johnnyboy666

cybernck

Pics or it didn't happen! :D

johnnyboy666

heres a few badly taken shots of the rears. Bare in mind they are just resting in place at the moment, so the backrest bit is a good few inches higher in this photo than it will be when Ive finished!

post-9599-0-40573300-1334660571_thumb.jpg

post-9599-0-95508700-1334660643_thumb.jpg

jonXS

they look a nice fit i like it, apart from maybe the red part

johnnyboy666

Yes, as with the rest of my car its not to everyones taste. But i couldnt resist a bit of red leather!

cybernck

They look a lot narrower that standard 306 seats, which is why they fit.

allye

Amazing! Can some one please confirm whether 306 cab and hatch seats are the same/different?

johnnyboy666

i'd say definately the rears are different, these ones dont really have much of a 'frame' to them, just moulded foam with a stiffer bit for rigidity, they weigh f' all as well which is a bonus.

the back rests will definitely need reinforcing using the old backrests, as I keep a trolley jack in the boot and I dont want that flying through the seats!