• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
davemar

Terminal Connectors In Pug

davemar

There's quite a lot of multiway connectors around the car which use spade sockets in plastic housing. Does anyone know where I can get the terminals (not the housings, though that would be a bonus)? Farnell and RS stocks zillions of types of terminals but it's really difficult to search for them, and I've yet to find anything convincing yet. An example of the connector is the 4-way one that connects to the coil (square type).

Miles

I've looked and gave up, even had a buyer look with no joy too, So it's Pug only on these

davemar

I've looked and gave up, even had a buyer look with no joy too, So it's Pug only on these

I'm struggling to find these on servicebox too. Certainly there's no housing that matches, and nothing that looks exactly the same as the terminals.

welshpug

i found them a while ago and posted the part numbers, they're in the "Fastenings, fixings and connectors catalogue" in the "Miscellaneous" section.

Miles

No direct links anymore, they are on the old MircoFes stuff but no dealers are allowed to use this anymore, so you need to try and match them to the pics and try your luck with some

HERMAN

any pictures of one?

davemar

I've attached images of the connector (front and back) and the housing with the clip opened up so you can see the terminals inside.

The width of the terminal appears to be 6mm.

post-3420-0-97415400-1323986549_thumb.jpg

Liquid_106

Lookswise, the closest is:

FLAT CLIP

6542 GC A=8 B=3 A 5MM2

6542 FN A=8 B=5 A 10MM2

6542GC.jpg

But they're 8mm wide

The other option is

HARNESS CLIP

6542 30 A=6,3 B=3 A 5MM2

6542 32 A=6,3 B=0,3 A 1MM2

654230.jpg

Which are 6mm wide

But not 100% sure either are correct :wacko:

Shame I can't wind the connector as it actually tells you what terminals you need then :blush:

welshpug

second one looks more likely, especially given the wire size they are intended for... ;)

Liquid_106

second one looks more likely, especially given the wire size they are intended for... ;)

Just for info, how do you tell? - which one of the numbers denotes this? Cheers :D

welshpug

have a look again ;)

Liquid_106

have a look again ;)

FLAT CLIP

6542 GC A=8 B=3 A 5MM2

6542 FN A=8 B=5 A 10MM2

:blink:

welshpug

bingo!

davemar

I was thinking of the second one too from my own look of the selection.

Next thing to find out is whether they still exist. On my last couple of parts queries from Pug dealers some parts are becoming obselete rather a lot now.

welshpug

Don't ask "do you have" ask "can you get" ;) try a few dealers, I've found Ed and Steve at warners Tewkesbury and jeff at lookers Cardiff very helpful

Miles

Never had a problem with any terminal supply yet, even got the ones for the Stereo plug the other day, handy thing is allot of 06's use the same thing

mhyphenl

Never had a problem with any terminal supply yet, even got the ones for the Stereo plug the other day, handy thing is allot of 06's use the same thing

I managed to get them no probs from SEL imperial, they seem to easily get anything as long as its not NFP. I was going to do all my looms with new but at 40 odd pence each for most i had tosettle for a handfull. Just watch the height of the clip and match to the connector and also the size of the cable each clip accepts, there are different ones for each connector but the end that goes into the connector and clips in place is generally always the same and is the second one in the pic!

P_Monty

I managed to get them no probs from SEL imperial, they seem to easily get anything as long as its not NFP. I was going to do all my looms with new but at 40 odd pence each for most i had tosettle for a handfull. Just watch the height of the clip and match to the connector and also the size of the cable each clip accepts, there are different ones for each connector but the end that goes into the connector and clips in place is generally always the same and is the second one in the pic!

Got everything I've needed so far from vehicle wiring products (VWP)

davemar

It turned out the part I needed was 6542.19 where the 'A' dimension is 5mm. I did get some of the 6542.32 with A=6, but it appears that A is the internal width of the terminal (or the width of the spade that slots into it). So 6542.19 are 6mm wide with a 5mm slot. A little confusing, but I got there in the end. The Pug dealer had them in stock which was nice (~40p each).

Edited by davemar