• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
sailtek22

Another Remap On The Card!

petert

It's hard to get the Mi16 stepper to work on anything but an original ECU. The reason being is that the ECU also uses ignition advance to control the idle speed, just like a Subaru. Put a timing light on it and you'll notice it jumps all over the place. I'm happy to pass on my Haltech settings if you can use them.

feb

It's hard to get the Mi16 stepper to work on anything but an original ECU. The reason being is that the ECU also uses ignition advance to control the idle speed, just like a Subaru. Put a timing light on it and you'll notice it jumps all over the place. I'm happy to pass on my Haltech settings if you can use them.

What ICV are you using with the Haltech Peter?

As far as I can see from the Emerald menu it is also possible to use ignition advance to control idle speed.

I am planning on fitting one to mine in the future so if you have any tips and hints about what's the best (see easiest to setup and get good results) ICV and settings to start with it would be appreciated.

Cheers :)

Idlecontrol.jpg

Edited by feb

petert

Here it is, for a standard 1.9L Mi16 setup. I'm unsure about that frequency of 100Hz however. It may be an early sceen shot. I'll double check in some files.

post-2864-0-85870300-1322728192_thumb.jpg

Edited by petert

sailtek22

hi guys first off thanks for all the help that you all have given me.

so now to what iv been doing.

i have taken the car to northampton motor sport rolling road guy called troy owns it hes a very nice guy that has all the time in the world to answer your questions even showed me how to use my emerald software. :rolleyes:

well the main problem with my car is that i have custom made t-bodies that are not mm perfect, he has showed me that my butterfly are almost 1mm- 1.5mm uneven (the left set are low and the right are high).

this is causing an air and pulse problem and they were not built with adjusters :( still he said they do a very good job of making power.

problem with the map!

the reason my map was so off and didnt last very long was because alden automotive had left the ecu in adaptive mode and because of my butterfly differance in the t-bodies the ecu was having a hard time working out the right fuel duty.

so after spending three hours on the rollers and using £40 of optimax fuel troy remapped my car block by block at differand speeds. overall the car was running way to rich top end an very lean low down causing my very bad running problem around 1500-2000rpm.

my car is running 6bhp less overall than last time (this may be because iv sortened the trumpets to much)but iv gained almost 12bhp in the low down area were i was making no power at all.

also were the power dropped off around 5600rpm it now just pulls all the way to 7100rpm with no drop off troy says that the injectors cant give any more feul so its acting like a rev cut, so guess i need bigger injectors (but if im looking to rev past 7100rpm i no ill need some cam and head work).

just got a swirl pot and pump so will be fitting that soon if i can find a how to lol.

welshpug

Sandy Brown found that exact issue with a set of Jenveys a few weeks ago (the spindles were bent! as well as the butterflies not centred in the bores), he did his best to fix them and was a vast improvement, but they'll be going soon for the vastly superior quality of bike throttle bodies :)

Sounds like it was definitely worth taking your car to have a proper lookover.

sailtek22

iv put a little vid up on youtube of the car doing its power run if any one wants to see: