• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
johnnyboy666

Saxo Vts Engine Into 205

johnnyboy666

I'm thinking about putting a saxo vts engine and box into my 205gt, and was looking for some pointers on what I'd need, any mods that would need to be done and if its worth it!

I'm assuming so far I'll need:

engine

loom

ecu

box

modded downpipe

possibly clocks and keys

and then at a guess:

gti driveshafts

fuel pump of some description

possibly different engine mounts?

if anybody has done it or can confirm the above that would be great

thanks

John

Josh_Quant

just had a quick think

your old driveshafts should fit gti/vts box

your need 205 gti fuel tank and high pressure fuel lines out of a 205 gti

need ecu unlocked and ecu wired into your excisting loom (so you wouldnt need gti/vts clocks and keys)

engine mounts should be the same

throttle cable

exhaust wont be hard to do though

cant think of anything eles bud :) probs more tbh

welshpug

std shafts if its a tu, gti tank, thats about it. no need for saxo clocks, just ecu and loom.

have a look for jackmans project thread

james_pug

Is the gt a tu engine anyway?

You'll need a unlocked ecu you probably want to find a earlier single plug ecu and loom cars upto around 2000 had them.

Using a ma box you need to use tu engined 205 driveshafts the long one is a normal 205 one but I think the shorter one is again a 205 one but with a 106/saxo inner cv.

Engine mounts, the gearbox one is the same if you use the bracket off the top of the 205 ma box, bottom engine one is again a 205 tu one and the top one needs modding to fit around the cam covers. Assuming your car has top mount the same as a gti?

Will need a gti pump and feed and return fuel lines.

I have a modded top mount and exhaust manifold I don't need I should also have a sinlge plug loom somewere.

allye

You need to have a good read of Miamichris's project, really thorough and loads of helpful stuff!

miamichris

Yeah, check my thread out as I've done this and most of the answers you need are in there. Here you go:

http://forum.205gtidrivers.com/index.php?showtopic=121932&st=0

I crashed it last year and its off at my dad's bodyshop getting pulled into shape so it can live again, I seriously miss that car, my peugeot partner van feels slightly slower :lol:

johnnyboy666

Excellent thanks guys, sounds pretty straight forward then :) for the people who have done it is it a nice engine to drive in a 205? I thought it might be a good time for a swap as the clutch is on the way out, the gearbox is noisey, and the engine seems to be using oil.

I'm quite a fan of the tu3s engine and the way it delivers the power, but theyre getting un-economical to repair and keep running well IMO, so I think its time for an upgrade, theres also a bit more scope for 4-2-1 manifolds without having to import one!

Birdie

Considered the Citroen C2 J4 Engine?

johnnyboy666

what are thye benefits of that engine?

also can anybody help me find jackmans thread, could do with having a read through

looked through your thread miamichris, was very helpful :)

• Like 1

johnnyboy666

cheers, good read that :)

only thing thats delaying me at the moment, is i'm waiting to hear back about a transfer to a new office at work. The new office is a LOT closer to home, so it'll be easier to take the car off the road for a little while, where as currently, its my daily driver, and I drive about an hour a day in it!

johnnyboy666

Dredging up an old thread here, but Im almost getting to the point where I can get this swap started, going to fetch the engine on friday, with ecu loom gearbox and driveshafts, and manifolds. Ive got spare engine mounts to use also. Does anybody have any kind of guide for the wiring and how to splice it all together? I want to try not to bodge it if at all possible!

welshpug

its much the same as doing any other engine conversion, wise move to pop the dash out and shift the brown multiplugs across to under the fusebox, as the 106/saxo engine loom is connected on the l/h inner wing behind the headlamp.

johnnyboy666

Cheers welshpug, hadnt thought about the dash being in the way of the wiring.

as for exhaust manifolds, I know i'm gonna need to cut and shut to get over the subframe, so rather than cutting up a brand new 4-2-1 manifold, I came accross this

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PEUGEOT-106-GTI-CITROEN-SAXO-VTS-1-6-16v-TUBULAR-CONVERSION-EXHAUST-MANIFOLD-/180802681528?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item2a18adfab8

doesnt look like it's designed amazingly well, but should save a lot of effort as I can just weld on a section to where the centre pipe connects in theory

what do people think?