• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
MiniGibbo

[misc_work] Minigibbo's '93 Peugeot 205 Rallye.

Reebmit

Good one Matt, looks a good installation, I do like those steels, sets the car off nicely, might have to try and get a set sometime, catch up soon :)

• Like 1

MiniGibbo

Christmas or not when you've got jobs to do, jobs get done.. at the in laws this morning when someone noticed I had a oil trail leading from the car (wet ground) I noticed this my self in a car park yesterday but you never know with public parking if its old..

Brought the car home after leaving the other half their (were having dinner with our own families) and had a look.. ive got a drip trace coming down the cam belt end which looks old but have got a fresh drip at the bottom.. leads me to think its a existing old drip probably from a cam seal or possibly crank seal..? Gave it a wipe over so I can watch it to see if I can trace it later after more use..

As with all things, start easy.. as I run the jp4 covers it has awkward breathers which you cant just put any old pipe or breather on so I said id solve it later to get the car back quicker.. they've spat a couple of drips out from the faultless and very enjoyable couple of hundred miles ive done in the car so far (haven't driven anything else since I got it back LOL) so I quickly made up some from spares I had in the garage... I should be on top gear with my 'quick fixes :)

DSCN0016_zpsf9f0220d.jpg

DSCN0017_zpsac4c8d02.jpg

DSCN0018_zps04e9d3a7.jpg

DSCN0019_zps7b345ee4.jpg

Think ive done quite well tbh :)

sickomotorsport

what way have yous routed the exhaust? doesn't seem right, does it not foul speed ramps etc?

MiniGibbo

Didn't know you could remove the battery tray until the other day haha, defiantly needs some love

Miles and his exhaust man routed the custom manifold under the subframe like 106's/saxos..

The cars gots miles of ground clearance and it must be good for gas flow.. More performance more smiles :)

allye

looking at the pictures again there is heaps of room on the cambelt end!

How does it go? You still using the XS clocks?

• Like 1

welshpug

106 exhaust doesnt go under the subframe, as there is no subframe on them...

MiniGibbo

The 205 is great for throttle bodies as it sits further forward in the bay too ally mate :) yeah still got you dials in :)

It goes well, especially with the s1 rallye box

@wp, well yeah if you want to be picky they don't... Still follows the same route so well.. Back in your box.

• Like 1

welshpug

not really, it sits 2.5" lower because there is a subframe in the way :lol:

• Like 1

sickomotorsport

that exhaust will cause problems it is far too low, not being rude, just saying.

Miles

We'll see how it goes, V6's sit that low as well, Just works out allot more cost effective that way, We could have gone over but then the cost would have trebled if not more

MiniGibbo

As the cars back the oem+ 'ness can continue :D

The gti wont be needing the leather wheel so its been donated to the rallye, the plastic wheel is in great condition but well... lets be honest leather wheels are just better

Had a quick clean and in it went it ease

DSCN0025_zpsa8cb1811.jpg

DSCN0026_zps7bb40087.jpg

haven't driven it yet but even just playing on with it on the drive it feels much better :)

• Like 1

Reebmit

Looking good Matt, just right :)

MiniGibbo

Thanks, its much nicer to drive with :)

The window on the drivers side has got a bit stiffer lately so I finally gave in and had the door card off today to grease it up..

DSCN0056_zps2c79e38b.jpg

Gave it a good clean behind too with a week mix of G101 and a micro fibre cloth

Fitted the light dimmer off my gti as it wont need it too.. pointless mod but another oem+ touch :D

DSCN0062_zps30299fb0.jpg

and a fun shot of the rallye and 'bay comparing

DSCN0058_zpscc3c39e8.jpg

johniban

what are you doing with the gti? i need a passenger wing!

MiniGibbo

Going light weight, currently being built.

MiniGibbo

clocked over 145k this weekend, up for sale on ebay though as im just not using it anymore... :(

johniban

noooooooooooooo!!!

MiniGibbo

Sold 15/4/14

danpass15

Finally found this thread. Bought this off Matt. This was my old car, owned it back in 2009, glad to have it back :)

Lowercase

glad to see some one on here got this and not some random off ebay.

any plans for it?

danpass15

Just bought some white s2 rallye wheels to put on. The bumpers need repairing/ painting. Going to get a full set of new decals. Putting a standard exhaust system on as I can't be bothered with noisey cars anymore. The inner wings need welding both sides, otherwise just enjoy driving it :)

Lowercase

let me know when you get the goldies off. might just have them off ya :)

danpass15

Ok will do :)