• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
MiniGibbo

[misc_work] Minigibbo's '93 Peugeot 205 Rallye.

allye

I don't think I have ever actually used my haynes, makes for good door stops, tea/coffee holders, mouse pads etc etc :lol:

• Like 1

MiniGibbo

Lol im hoping it'll help with my earth faults and why my dash lights don't work...

allye

I've also just noticed you don't have a passenger door pocket, a couple other rallye owners mentioned they didn't either which would explain why I have a drivers door pocket on the passenger side, need to change that!

MiniGibbo

Yeah i wondered if my passenger one had fallen off but when i looked it didnt even have any fixing holes.. guessed it was a Rallye thing.

Today saw the last peice i needed for my air intake arrive so i got that fitted.. so happy the cars finally got a proper intake! SDC14482.jpgSDC14483.jpg

Next up was the task of putting the seats back in or should i say my "new" seats in, theyre 1600 gti cloth seats and imo the closet on the aviable market to the orignal rallye seats, SDC14492.jpg

Only problem as such is these are obviously twin seats where before i had a bench.. what holds the middles together..? SDC14490.jpg

And the fronts in,

SDC14496.jpg

The drivers is knackered but everyset i saw was and its easily swopped for a decent passenger off another set. The thing that sold me these seats was the frames are solid which as of this year as we know is a MOT check. Did realise that if you have the seat half "up" you can get a socket on the fronts rather than fiddling with mole grips etc etc SDC14494.jpg

Edited by MiniGibbo

MiniGibbo

I also started on cleaning up all the plastics of the car, My kit contained a few brushes and some Autosmart 101 mixed 10:1,

SDC14484.jpg

During scrubing of one peice,

SDC14485.jpg

All done and left to dry!

SDC14486.jpg

allye

The 2piece rears are held in with a little bracket that bolts in place, direct fit no messing about! Good little tip about those fiddly front bolts, never thought about that.

MiniGibbo

Cheers dude, im guessing they dont come up for sale very often second hand so a trip to the dealer will be in order.....

Wallby

I might have a bracket spare, Ill have a look tomorrow and let you know.

MiniGibbo

A member has sorted me out, thanks though!

Lowercase

interiors coming along nicely mate :)

MiniGibbo

Cheers dude,

Had a parcel earlier this week containing a few more bits for the peugeot..!

First up the little clip im missing from the back seats, such a little bit but without it my seats are useless..

SDC14513.jpg

And fitted,

SDC14514.jpg

Next up was a replacement for my knackered drivers, the two sat together really shows the old one up,

SDC14515.jpg

And a straight comparision of one of the bolsters,

SDC14516-1.jpg

SDC14517.jpg

It was all going swimingly until i came to swop the subframes over to hit this hick up...

SDC14518.jpg

SDC14519.jpg

This dosent look an easy fix...?

dcc

Can bend it out the way, tis what ive done in the past

Can bend it out the way, tis what ive done in the past

MiniGibbo

Did you need to use any heat dude..?

MiniGibbo

• One spanner,
    SDC14523.jpg
    One spanner later,
    SDC14525.jpg
    Win..!

allye

Well you've got the arms for it!

MiniGibbo

Lol you got me on Facebook lad..? I got bored yesterday so cut my self a "skinny" vest old school body builder style :D

allye

Not on facey B just saw the lifting vids.

steve@cornwall

just be careful with the bending if you have door pockets fitted - can go through easily.

MiniGibbo

Set out this morning to get some paint for the rallye, normally i just drop it off with the bodyshop and he sorts it all out however with the 205 he wanted me to get the paint scanned (must of known itll be a bugger to match..)

They couldnt scan the paint, they tried on the scuttle, under the bonnet and on the door shuts and couldnt get it too scan.. they then sent me down to the dealer to see if they could tell me the code as it seems at that time peugeot had a few different yellows :wacko:

First thing the guy at the dealer did was look for the code etched on the turrets but it seems thats disapeared over the years which he said is comman as it just washes off... He did however manage to get the code off the chassis code/registration.

He told me its EOBW Solar Yellow

With that in hand i went back other to the merchant and got some mixed up ready for the bodyshop to start.

fc9882ef.jpg

Who'd knew getting paint could be so challanging lol

allye

Halfords will do you an aerosol in about 10mins, thats colour match too not off the shelf

MiniGibbo

I went there to get it scanned but they couldn't get the machine on anything that's the original colour..

MiniGibbo

Another update to bring it upto date, i planned to change the brake fluid as it was the only fluid i didnt change when servicing it.. I decided to use Halfords 5.1 as i do with all my cars as imo its better than normal cheapo dot 4 and dosent brake the bank.

I thaught id give a Ezebleed system a try after hearing nothing but good things about them so went out and bought one,

SDC14696.jpg

Set it all up with a spare ready to blow all the old fluid out..

SDC14697.jpg

Too find all four of my bleed nipples very much like the rest of the car seized :( i decided not to go any further as it was booked into the bodyshop and didnt want to snap one and miss my slot..

I gave it thaught over and have decided to take the car to the garage who fitted my new driveshafts and get them to replace all four for new and change the fluid for me while its there. :y:

I then turnt my attention to sealing the arches, i collected an asortment of brushes for the job

SDC14698.jpg

And spent the best part of two hours cleaning the arches trying to get them as clean and free of grime as possible so i could waxoil them.. while they dried i went out and picked this little lot up,

SDC14704.jpg

A quick during shot

SDC14699.jpg

And all clean,

SDC14700.jpg

SDC14703.jpg

SDC14701.jpg

SDC14702.jpg

And waxoil'ed up,

SDC14707.jpg

SDC14708.jpg

SDC14705.jpg

SDC14706.jpg

Cars really coming togther now, very few things left on the list to do and the car for me at least will be 100% :A:

MiniGibbo

bought some bits for the 205 today, none of them needed or parts i planned to buy but you know how it is :A:

SDC14709.jpg

This lot contains,

Black carpet

Rallye door cards

XS dials and surround

ciggy lighter

My existing carpet came out great with a clean but is still grey, i just wish this black one came up sooner so i didnt waste my time cleaning mine or putting the seats in :wacko:

The door cards where bought for the passenger front only really as my existing one is starting to curl on one of the corners, nothing major but does bug me when the rest of the interior is fairly mint..

The ciggy lighter speaks for its self really, i dont smoke but base models not having a 12v supply is a pain for satnav and seeing how i have the wiring on the loom just sat there i may as well fit one :)

The dials are bit of a result as theyre a better layout and have a water temp gauge which is always helpful

SDC14711.jpg

Being a big kid i couldnt help my self so i went straight to where the car is to try them.. gutted one of the plugs namely the rev counter is a different shape :(

welshpug

it was going so well till the last wheelarch pic, WHY BLACK :(

MiniGibbo

Yeah when I stood back I died a little inside but it's good for protecting the arches..