• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
MiniGibbo

[misc_work] Minigibbo's '93 Peugeot 205 Rallye.

MiniGibbo

Its got to be better to use a oem box though surely?

If I can't I'll fit a enclosed carbon CDA with custom feeds, really don't like open filters without heat shields..

Forgot to get some of that plasticoat stuff but I'll will get on it lol..

jonXS

any more progress with this bud

By the way if/when yo decide to get rid of your seats ill have them off you :)

no rush as i still need to get mine working

jon

MiniGibbo

Got a few things in the garage waiting to go on but my time at the moment is all taken up with other projects :(

Yeah they'll be up for sale when I get time to sort a new interior..

MiniGibbo

This update starts with me working out i can flip my passenger seat farward to get people in the back, result!

SDC14402.jpg

I had a spare afternoon so i thought id fiddle with the 205 to waste some time. My intension was to pull the live wire threw for the battery box.

I started off by taking the cover off the rear seats to see theyre not that bad "never took it off before"

SDC14403.jpg

Once i got them out though i realised they are indeed beyound repair..

SDC14405.jpg

SDC14406.jpg

SDC14407.jpg

SDC14408.jpg

The car is flithy under the seats so my intensions are to gut the whole car and give it a good hoover/wash before fitting a new interior.

Found this on my travels, i suppose it had to be rewired to fit the gti injection tank?

SDC14409.jpg

Fitted the rear earth

SDC14410.jpg

That should give a good enough earth??

Then fixed the box in place.

SDC14411.jpg

SDC14412.jpg

Tiny progress, but progress is progress..

Rear seats are in the bin btw :P

Opinions?

omega

hi

what size are those bolts as they look very small?[or is it just the pic?]

also if i was you i would replace those battery terminals as they dont look very good

Edited by omega

MiniGibbo

30mm m8's iirc with 28mm washers?

Do you mean the earth in the boot? I bought it on eBay separate to my kit as my original earth didn't have the flat spade thing I needed and I couldn't find any for sale on eBay or halfords :S

MiniGibbo

Went out on the weekend with the south central guys, had a mishap with the car leaving me stranded for a while but that turnt out to be a plug that came apart :oops:

Heres some photos Del took of mine..

IMG_1202.jpg

IMG_1201.jpg

IMG_1199.jpg

IMG_1198.jpg

IMG_1197.jpg

IMG_1208.jpg

IMG_1223.jpg

IMG_1222.jpg

And my not so favourate photos of my toe eye and one of the steelies :P

IMG_1225.jpg

IMG_1226.jpg

allye

Get some plasticare sorted man!

MiniGibbo

I know I know lol..

Haven't washed it or any of my cars over the whole winter, come the first show I'll detail It and sort it out I promise ;)

allye

Get the wheels powder coated, new decals and some plasticare and it'll look good! (I mean gooder)

MiniGibbo

Currently the list is

Battery box

Air box

New interior

Detail

New rear quarter stickers

Then maybe an exhaust.

MiniGibbo

Now im back from competing, my birthday and holidays i finally got round to kick starting the work on the Rallye for this year properly..

Decided to tackle the interior first and started this morning by having the seats out followed by the carpet, this shined threw with the first "problem" i found the car has the full sound deading which to my knowedge the Rallyes arnt meant to have??

SDC14413.jpg

It seems by how damp it was that the car has leaks.. not that im suprised looking at the gapping most 205's have on the body work :fcuk:

Keeping with the "rallye theme" ive decided to have all the sound deading out and keep it out,

SDC14416.jpg

I know the car is twenty years old but ive never seen dirt like this in a car, my vans cleaner :wacko:

SDC14415.jpg

SDC14414.jpg

SDC14421.jpg

SDC14417.jpg

I atacked the interior the same way i do arches.

During,

SDC14422.jpg

After,

SDC14423.jpg

Its still not perfect but its good enough for now and ill get it 100% before the carpet goes back in, speaking of carpets i gave it a good wash while it was out..

Before,

SDC14418.jpg

Snow foamed,

SDC14419.jpg

Scrubed and ready to be rinsed,

SDC14420.jpg

The muck that came out of it wasnt suprising given how dirty the car was under the carpet but its safe to say it came out thick lol..

And how i left the car until next time...

SDC14424.jpg

allye

Its was just the 'real' euro Rallye's that came with no sound deadning.

Daviewonder

Nice project, it's coming on nice.

As has been said already, get yourself some Plasticare
;)

I want a Rallye so bad
:(

Lowercase

its a tidy little rallye in the metal. looking forward to seeing the interior back together after a good scrub.

goin to respray the metal work too Matt?

MiniGibbo

Cheers guys,

I did wonder if it was only the euros that where hardcore.. My new aim is too make this into as much of a proper rallye as it can and should of been!!

I'd like to put something on the rusty patches inside before putting the carpet back down but it won't be seeing any spray work as where do you stop and I've allready got one money pit lol..

Lowercase

i did it on my miami, bit of sand paper to take the rust off, light dusting in places with a can of halfords primer i had laying around, and a £6 spray can of miami blue paint dusted over it. miles better. use a bit of card or something in your other hand to block any over spray, saves u masking everything up.

cheap and cheerful. and makes a hell of a difference, will be doing the whole interior properly with the airgun at work when i take delivery of me new rallye at the end of the month. :D

MiniGibbo

That'll look ace dude!!

Think I'll take your advice and clean it up as it won't take five minutes and could make all the difference. Does anyone know what yellow I want or is it just Peugeot yellow?? Lol..

MiniGibbo

Cheers mate ill need them for buying some next week!!

Right this weekend saw the start of the "big job", the dash removal.. Ive never taken a 205 apart before so i took my time to make sure i didnt brake anything and could sort a process i could reverse to refit it.

After some cursing, head scratching and some threads for advice i got it out, as to be expected it was filthy behind the dash :wacko: here are some progress shots to show how filthy it was,

SDC14430.jpg

SDC14426.jpg

SDC14435.jpg

SDC14436.jpg

I didnt get too many shots as i was too busy trying to crack on, once i found out there was two bolts under the scuttle i had that off to find that was also filithy.. out came the cleaning gear lol

Before

SDC14441.jpg

SDC14440.jpg

After

SDC14442.jpg

SDC14443.jpg

Found some rust behind the wiper motor, it seems to be only surface but theyre is a hole slighter smaller than a five pence peice so i had the motor out to have a proper look,

SDC14445.jpg

SDC14446.jpg

After a think im going to take it to the bodyshop and get a plate put over the hole and treat all the rust surrounding it.

end of the day saw the car looking rather sorry for its self, (also gave the interior a wipe over)

SDC14449.jpg

Back in "road mode"

SDC14450.jpg

Plans for next week consist of,

Wire up battery box live

Get some more fixings for the interior (some are rounded, threads stripped etc)

Source a cigerrete lighter

treat the rust

get the hole in the scuttle plated.

fit the new air intake.

MiniGibbo

This morning saw the start of the interior going back in, starting with the install of the live feed for the battery box. I havent got any photos of this but its a fat red wire in a yellow 205 shell....

Once i got it in i removed the battery and had a look at the battery tray (from what ive read this is a comman place for major rust on old french hatches?)

mine looks like this, i dont think its anything to worry about??

SDC14451.jpg

SDC14452.jpg

SDC14453.jpg

Once that was out and it was all connected it up i made sure the car started and there was no loose wires, started first time :)

Next up now the battery box is done was to do the job ive most wanted to do since first seeing the engine bay and that was to fit a "proper" air filter.

I picked a BMC CDA up threw the forums a while back and had a quick play seeing how it fitted now the battery is out of the way,

SDC14455.jpg

SDC14456.jpg

Yes its backwards i know :wacko: , thats pretty much where itll stay i think, i cant think of a better way to mount it just need to get some jubilee clips and a length of silicone tube to replace the butched one in that photo.

As the filter was second hand i wanted to clean it so first stripped it down, i was suprised how little the filter inside is..

SDC14457.jpg

And just before i sat down for some lunch left the filter to soak in the K&N filter cleaner kit i got..

SDC14458.jpg

DaveW

Battary tray is o so common for rust, battary acid/water etc

MiniGibbo

Yeah i heard that but dont think mine looks too bad?

Probably going to take the tray out and leave it out to tidy it up a bit..?

Anyway.. had a spare hour this afternoon so i whacked the carpet back in the pug, already feels more like a car :y:

SDC14472.jpg

It needs a hoover again as i climbed all other it fitting it :wacko: however apart from bits of twig and leaf its come out amazing imo, id recomend snow foaming the carpet to anyone!!

allye

Looking great. Get the battery tray powdercoated, I had mine done (along with some other bits) black as its out of sight, much longer lasting than wet painting etc.

MiniGibbo

Its something im going ot look into too, might get it sprayed up the same time (if) i get the inner wings done.. Theyre not bad at all but do have light surface rusting by looks..

This arrived in the post today, never going to get stuck again!! hopefully :oops:

SDC14480.jpg