• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
MiniGibbo

[misc_work] Minigibbo's '93 Peugeot 205 Rallye.

MiniGibbo

I also gave the brakes a lick of paint as bright colours on single pot brakes really grinds my gears..

SDC10522-1.jpg

SDC10523.jpg

SDC10524-1.jpg

SDC10525-1.jpg

SDC10528-1.jpg

SDC10527-1.jpg

allye

Its hard to say for sure as those seats are not peugeot but there should be 4 torx head bolts that secure the seat to the floor. you could also try splitting the seat from the sub frame then take the sub frame out. That CV boot doesn't look split just someone had put a couple of cable ties on. Get your hands on some metal clips and replace that mismatch!

Arches came up nice, also you should replace the stickers then it would look lovely,

http://www.goodhand.co.uk/pts-decals/

jonnygoodhand off here :)

(if you do replace the stickers the sh*t left behind is a massive pain in the arse and nothing came close to taking off except brilsol gum remover ;))

MiniGibbo

Cheers dude,

Only one of the seats is on a runner, what I've decided to do is leave them be until I get a new interior then get them out one way or another ;)

Yer I noticed the zip ties too, i did indeed find a split though it's on the smallest end on the first rib about an inch long. I've always wondered how you change them so that'll need some research lol..

Cheers for the link to the stickers ill 100% be buying some!!

Which brings me onto the next update whichll be the paint work, I've decided not to have it resprayed but to polish it the best I can and then replace all the stickers.

I'll be going for the standard issue kit but those ones that are bigger the t16's one iirc are very tempting lol!!!

allye

Yer I noticed the zip ties too, i did indeed find a split though it's on the smallest end on the first rib about an inch long. I've always wondered how you change them so that'll need some research lol..

you can buy cone things in which you pull the boot over, but iirc these can be rather differcult! I'm lucky enough to have a friend with a air line boot stretching tool.

backroadpug

buy a universal streach boot cut the top of a traffic cone, put the boot inside out in to boiling water put the end of the traffic cone over the cv joint and spray with wd40 then slide the boot over. fill with grease and secure.

MiniGibbo

Cheers guys, ive been looking at those cone tools on the 'bay they seem pretty cheap, i have a compressor so could buy one of the air tool types but for the price and how little use itll get i think ill invest in the plastic cone and go from their!

Cheers.

welshpug

I'd rather do it properly and dismantle the inner joint personally :)

MiniGibbo

I have no idea how to do that though lol..

What would i need to do take the shaft out the hub end then just pull on it to get it out the box?

welshpug

yup, dont forget a 2 litre pot for the gearbox oil.

MiniGibbo

Good point i suppose the oil wouldnt stay still if i pulled the shaft out lol..

I hate bodging things with a passion but getting a "strechy" boot and only pulling it out the hub is very appealing, is it that much of a bodge or just an alternative solution?

scottypug

its not a bodge at all imo, just a massive time saver. why spend ages geting cv grease every where when you can buy a tool that does it in secconds.

scott

custard-rallye

As above the garage I worked at that's all we did was stretch over ones

As above the garage I worked at that's all we did was stretch over ones

MiniGibbo

Well this update should begin with "The drivers side outer cv boot had a split in it so i changed it" however i didnt change it then found the inner one was leaking thin oil so decided it best to change the whole shaft. Which i couldnt get out :n:

Going to book the car into the garage that does my MOT's they can struggle, ive given it enough goes now.

As i got no service history with the car ive decided to change everything starting today with the coolant, ever since i got the car its got hot when stood idling to long periods with is another problem i wanted to look into.

My stash ive been collecting for the next couple of weekends!!

SDC14345.jpg

The old coolant was badly stained with oil.

SDC14343.jpg

Still confused though as when i dropped the bottom hose the coolant in the radiator was blue and didnt have any oil in?? almost like the car had a huge air leak which would also of caused the over heating :detective:

Coolant tank was heavily stained so that got a good scrub.

Before

SDC14341.jpg

After

SDC14344.jpg

Fitted with fresh coolant

SDC14347.jpg

Next up as i said above the car will be going to a garage for the shaft change and gearbox oil swop with the fresh stuff i bought from Peugeot this morning.

ash mi16

i was going to go look at this the day you picked it up as i phoned the guy up and asked if i could come down as he sead someone was coming to look at it and if thay dont buy it then i can come down but he txt me saying that it had sold :/ nice rallye tho mate ive allways wanted a yellow 205 rallye just cant find one :(

and if your looking for a plug that goes to the coilpack i have an old s1 rallye look at home that i could cut the plug off for you if you still need it mate?

Edited by ash mi16

MiniGibbo

i was going to go look at this the day you picked it up as i phoned the guy up and asked if i could come down as he sead someone was coming to look at it and if thay dont buy it then i can come down but he txt me saying that it had sold :/ nice rallye tho mate ive allways wanted a yellow 205 rallye just cant find one :(

and if your looking for a plug that goes to the coilpack i have an old s1 rallye look at home that i could cut the plug off for you if you still need it mate?

Yeah the lad said he had a lot of interest in it but noone putting money down or actully visiting.. i did snap it up pretty sharpish though tbh :lol:

Yeah 100% on the plug dude if you still have it? drop me a pm :P

Right to continue on from the last update the milage is now sitting at 139k.

Its been treated to

new engine oil 5w40 silkalene pro s (now dubbed S3000)

Fresh coolant

New gearbox oil

and a pair of new driveshafts

Next up id like to bleed the brakes threw so i know all the fluid is up to par!

Went for a meet tonight with some of the CS lads, heres some poor photos of how the cars still sitting..

SDC14353.jpg

SDC14361.jpg

SDC14362.jpg

SDC14363.jpg

And im still loving it btw, drove it easily twice as much as the 323 since buying it :A:

allye

Those bumpers need plasticaring bad!

JoshGti

At least the car looks in a lot better state than castle point! Do love a yellow rallye, if you ever fancy selling it locally I'd be more than happy to take it off your hands! And I see you know chris? Owns the Saxo your parked next too, I go to uni with him, Bournemouth is a ridiculously small town.

On a more random note, your not related to a chap called Harrison foster? Went to school with him and bumped into him a while ago and said his brother picked up a rallye and as your in Bournemouth I thought I'd ask!

Edited by JoshGti

rallyeash

needs lowering :)

MiniGibbo

Those bumpers need plasticaring bad!

Tell me about it, ive tried some bumper gel i use but am thinking about taking the heatgun to them..

At least the car looks in a lot better state than castle point! Do love a yellow rallye, if you ever fancy selling it locally I'd be more than happy to take it off your hands! And I see you know chris? Owns the Saxo your parked next too, I go to uni with him, Bournemouth is a ridiculously small town.

On a more random note, your not related to a chap called Harrison foster? Went to school with him and bumped into him a while ago and said his brother picked up a rallye and as your in Bournemouth I thought I'd ask!

LOL,

yeah i know chris threw saxp, he sorted out the meet.

and nah no relation dude, good to know theres another rallye knocking about though :lol:

needs lowering :)

It is :wacko:

MiniGibbo

It's even got a 205 on the sticker lol..

I'll get some and give it a go cheers!

MiniGibbo

Finally got around to trying to sort out the abortion of an air intake the car came with, after a search it become obvious the best option for the engine is the original s1 air box the rallye comes with from the factory.. so as standard one was sourced,

Before box with what looks like laods of room

SDC14383.jpg

Box in place where it should be

SDC14384.jpg

Which for obvious reasons didnt fit :wall:

The manifold and the "thing" on the rad are in the way, even if jiggled it about it it would be touching the engine and/or rad :n:

SDC14385.jpg

SDC14386.jpg

Back to the drawing board i suppose :panic:

Did receive this though the other week which i now need to learn how to fit lol..

SDC14387.jpg

Opinions?

dcc

Hard to tell, but is that a gti rad? And is that airbox from a 106?

if i were you i would find a 16v c2 vts airbox as they have less engine bay room than you and the airbox sits alongside the.battery. plenty of c2 owners flogging them in favour of a 'gsr' induction kit :/

MiniGibbo

I have no idea about the rad dude I can take another photo ?

Yeah it's a 106 s1 rallye airbox, meant to be perfect for the engine. I'll look into the c2 box!!

allye

Thats the fans switch on the rad, I would use a length of silicone hose (bend) and a air filter on the end near the front? Rather than trying to retro fit a air box not designed for the bay?