• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

JR20516V

Removing Sunroof Trim?

JR20516V

I have done a search and found heaps of info about the trim removal but nobody really explains in detail how to remove the console before removing the outside trim.

Does the console screw off or pull off or what. I dont want to break the flimsy plastic console as it is fastened on very tightly :{

On another thread somebody said just remove the interior light [done that ] and go from there...thus no mention of actually removing the console. Is the removal of the console an absolute necessity ??

Any tips before i cause a breakathon would be appreciated :}

smithy

What do you mean by console?

When interior light is out remove the 2 screws the front trim should come off by pushing forward.

You will then reveal a torx screw at the front of side trims remove these then carefully push trims towards middle of car while trying to slide them backwards.

JR20516V

What do you mean by console?

When interior light is out remove the 2 screws the front trim should come off by pushing forward.

You will then reveal a torx screw at the front of side trims remove these then carefully push trims towards middle of car while trying to slide them backwards.

When i remove the interior light from the roof console there are NO screws to be seen??? I also removed the 2 bolts [13mm from memory ] holding the sunroof handle and that hasnt done anything either LOL

damien

just need to remove this screw -

20110712084931.th.jpg

Paul_13

After you remove the above screw, there are two more that become visible. When these two are removed, the front part of the sunroof trim slides toward the bonnet

Edited by Paul_13

JR20516V

just need to remove this screw -

20110712084931.th.jpg

AAAHHHHAA !! so its not the interior light that i should be looking behind....its actually the mapreading light !!! So how does one get the map reading light out of its recess....does it pull out....screw driver down the side of it and then yank it ? Mine doesnt want to come out in a hurry :{

Paul_13

Thin screwdriver and prise either end of the map reading light.

JR20516V

Thanx Paul....most helpful. I'll give it a go in the morning :}

pugfrank
On 7/12/2011 at 10:23 AM, Paul_13 said:

Just the answer I was after thanks.