• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
MrMemzi

1.6 Gti Engine Mods

MrMemzi
Peetypug

The exhaust will fit, but I wouldn't pay that much for it

As for the inlet, i can't see what advantage you will vet from it

MrMemzi

Hmmm im just gunna stick to standard exhaust system i think, just wrapped the manifold and it seemed to make a difference! im trying to do little easy things as i cant be bothered for a huge overhaul.

Im to busy pissing about fitting a V8 into a Ford anglia 105e

Peetypug

Nice!

I've got a bit of a thing for a poplar/100e witha nice v8

Will never have one but still have naughty thoughts of the blue oval sometimes :)

MrMemzi

im a lover of all cars. its just ive been totally one over by the handling of these 205s but i need more omph....ive sourced a turbo from a friends old Starlet gt turbo so im going to fit that :P

Tom Fenton

Good plan, I turbocharged my 1600 GTI, it now has somewhere around the 200 bhp mark, that is enough to make a 205 move in style!

tommy gun

swap it for a 1.9 or better stil a gti6

tomcolinjones

swap it for a 1.9 or better stil a gti6

Why swap it for a 1.9? XU9j4/XU10j4/XU10j4RS FTMFW, or turbo your 1.6 like you say. IMHO its not realy worth the effort fitting a 1.9 8v,just to jump up 15hp.... unless you like torque, but then you would have a turbo diesel if you wanted torque that much :lol:

Peetypug

Bang for buck I would go for the gti6

I've not long done my 1.6 to gti6 and I love it

Keep the 1.6 box unless you do a lot of motorway miles, then go for a mi16 or xsara vts box

shalmaneser

Just to add a plus one to the above...As per Sorrento Pete I've just fitted a VTS engine and box and the car goes like stink now. Awesome fun!

Tom Fenton

You cannot really compare a turbo conversion to anything with a GTI6 engine. They are just so different on so many levels, the turbo will destroy the GTI6 from a standing start, whereas the GTI6 will be far easier to drive quickly around a circuit.

The main difference being torque, my turbo has approx 25-30% more torque than a GTI6 engine. That translates in real world driving into pure accelerative motion. Unfortunately for him, its usually M@tt who gets the demonstration vs. his GTI6!

MrMemzi

You see, ive wanted to drop a different engine into my car, but every engine GTI6, VTS, Mi16 etc etc has been absolutely destroyed all with like 90k on them. im not paying out for a rebuild when i can simply graft a turbo onto my 60k engine and just engine the PTSHHH noise of the turbo, have it running low boost until i can afford a decent map and internals. its becoming my 2nd car now as i own a Rover 220 SDI that ive tweaked to 150bhp and 250lbs of torque...yay....Handles like s*it tho :(

I prefer Tom fentons idea of the 1.6 turbo, and the way you have built your car is amazing.

Sign in to follow this