• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Strictly_Derv

[misc_work] 91' 205 Dturbo Rallye Rep

Strictly_Derv

finally got hold of some red bumper stripes will get pics later

from a low milaged sorrento gree mint CTI at the local scrappy, poor thing

ryan_stdt

its nice to see more and more modded derv 205's, ive got a stdt with a 306 dt engine in, they go like stink :)

is yours a proper Dturbo or is it just badged up

Strictly_Derv

she's a proper Dturbo model, same trim spec as the XS

been watching your vids on youtube, looks good :) hiw quick is it in comparison to other hot hatches?

Was the conversion easy?

ryan_stdt

you dont see many of those d turbos about, does it have the gti front suspension setup

its not me on youtube mate, i havent got an account.

the conversion is quite easy, but i still haven't prefected the cooling system yet, i just need to re-arange the routing of some of the coolent pipes, i also fitted a hdi box and had to bodge the clutch cable.

its only got a stangard Garrett T2 at the moment and a 11mm pump head but when its moving, it just about kept up with a mates GTI-6 205

Well worth it and she does about 60 mpg cruising on the motorway

Strictly_Derv

yeah from what i've heard these have the same front set up as the gti, it has the same subframe, wishbones, arb and droplinks etc

there's a guy on there who has the same car as yours by the looks of things

Sounds sweet :) can't wait to get my engine finished off

did the driveshafts fit in the gear box ok?

ryan_stdt

im running 1.9 hubs and brakes, so i changed the driveshaft to 1.9 ones, with a 306 inner cup on the shorter nearside shaft to fit the box

What are you doing to the engine

Paul_13

From 40-50 mph this thing comes alive :)

My dying 6 couldn't keep up with ryans, didnt help having the downpipe in my personal pic. Bit better than it was there :D

I think the Dturbo model has the base model front setup, thought it was only the STDT that came with gti suspension. It can handle ok with it but much more stable with a gti subframe/wishbones IMO. Which is what I'll be doing on the GRD along with a 306 dt engine :)

We had to swap inner cv cup to a 306 item or drop the diff and change the hdi to a 205 gti diff.

I like the work on the car especially arches

Edited by Paul_13

Strictly_Derv

No the Dturbo is a top spec car has all the electric goodies and powersteering, has the gti subframe, wishbones arb but not the springs/struts.

I've looked at lower spec 1.1's and there set ups are totally different to this.

Well i've got a FMIC setup off my old 306 and plan to put that on the car, modded Bosch pump to see it to 140bhp hopefully.

Then when I got some cash get a 1.9 and rebuild it and maybe a hybrid/bigger turbo :) then put it in the car

Cheers for the info on the drive shafts, will keep it in mind. I can imagine it being way better with a HDI box on as the 1.8's are very short

Strictly_Derv

here's the pics of the GTI red strips

IMAG0283.jpg

IMAG0285.jpg

IMAG0282.jpg

ryan_stdt

yeah those 1.8 boxs are very short.

like paul said once it starts moving is good i did forget about that downpipe tho lol, but some time this year when ive got my gti5 on the road im going to take the td off the road and do some work on the engine and stick a bigger turbo on it and get it rr'ed but we'll see.

from what ive read 140bhp should be quite easy to get but anymore involving freeing up the turbo i.e a less restrictive, bigger, turbo.

when we get pauls engine swap done we'll have to have a TD meet somewhere.

Strictly_Derv

Need to take this off the road to put a new engine in and just sort out a few things but its just finding the time as it my only car its pretty difficult ATM

definatly up for a derv meet, is there many TD tuners on here?

Strictly_Derv

gave the wheels a lick of paint yesterday in platinum silver does looks nice in the sun, need to do the other 2 today

IMAG0309.jpg

IMAG0310.jpg

IMAG0311.jpg

madaxgt

Nice, I have a 1.8 td at the moment which has started to get sluggish and boost takes forever to come in possibly turbo so deciding what to do with it. Is it worth the swap to a 1.9 td and do you think it could be done in a weekend using the 1.8 running gear?. I have done lots of 205 engine swaps but never messed with the diseasels!

Not found much info on here about tuning or swapping the derv engines are there any good threads? What about an hdi engine from a xsara/306 will they bolt in?

Oh and my mardi gras has gti style wishbones, but has a rubber mounted subframe like the 309's and a smaller front arb. I am swapping the solid mounted gti subframe and arb on with gti/partner tb's and gti arb on the rear when i get time.

Edited by madaxgt

Strictly_Derv

I'd say give it a tune up, you want a boost gauge first like this

check your standard boost before tuning. Mine was 14psi, most are around 12-14psi.

This is a good

your car will have a lucas fuel pump and KKK K03 turbo

Its make such a difference on the 1.8's. Does pull like a train compared to standard!

Engine swaps are easy from what i've heard, never done it myself. Will be putting a 1.9 soon because of the milage on this one. HDI's can be fitted but have so much electrics it would be a nightmare! Plus they're not as fun as an XUD lol

hope this helps

Strictly_Derv

Update, fitted a 1.9 beam and disk conversion, and will be fitting the spoiler when I get some tiger seal

Will get some pics up soon

Strictly_Derv

IMAG0320.jpg

17 vs 19mm

IMAG0321.jpg

disk conversion

IMAG0322.jpg

IMAG0324.jpg

IMAG0315.jpg

IMAG0327.jpg

IMAG0331.jpg

ride height is spot on the the new beam but because of the wider track it scrapes more than before :(

much better handling with the 1.9 beam though :)

thanks to Daviewonder for supplying the beam

allye

You'v got the arches on, so chop the metal back!!!

Strictly_Derv

its on the bumper where it scrubs

Daviewonder

No problem ;)

Have you tried using your original front mounts as the 1.9 ones make the beam sit about 10mm further back?

welshpug

No problem ;)

Have you tried using your original front mounts as the 1.9 ones make the beam sit about 10mm further back?

only if fitted the wrong way round, 1.9 beam sits further forwards by about 5mm, fitted wrong it pushes it back probably 10mm but I haven't measured it.

Strictly_Derv

Was gunna but the one's where really cracked

Doesn't as much as it did as it's all warn away now lol

will a GTI bumper fix it?

Edited by Strictly_Derv

Strictly_Derv

only if fitted the wrong way round, 1.9 beam sits further forwards by about 5mm, fitted wrong it pushes it back probably 10mm but I haven't measured it.

so do I need to turn mine round?

Daviewonder

Might be worth checking what way round the front mounts are then, perhaps the guy I got it from had put them on the wrong way around? I seem to remember them being offset torwards the front when it was sat in my garage, I'm not 100% though.

Strictly_Derv

Are we talking about the mounts nearest the back of the car?

Daviewonder

No the ones nearest the front mate.