• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
tomcolinjones

After Market Ecu For Xu7j4rs?

unariciflocos

Just a quick question and sorry to hijack.

I'm confused about everyone dragging MS through the dirt so I'm asking, is it a problem with the people who build them to a poor standard or are they simply crap in their design?

tomcolinjones

I'm confused about everyone dragging MS through the dirt so I'm asking, is it a problem with the people who build them to a poor standard or are they simply crap in their design?

from what i gather, tuners dont want to touch them, and average joe wouldnt be able to run a decent map.

pugpete1108

from what i gather there are some very poorly made units and people who dont research enough have trouble setting the units up properly along with wiring problems.

i had some teething difficulties with mine and tbh not many people wanted to help but i got through it and its runs very well now.

i have found two tuners near me who are willing to map the ms ecu (seem to be quite reputable too) but as of yet i have no need to have it done as the car is running well (im sure it could be improved though)

i have no doubt they cause some people problems, just not me :rolleyes:

unariciflocos

There are no tuners in Romania so I'll have to map whatever ECU I get myself.

I'm an automation engineer and I'm confident I can build one to a good standard. I have an oscilloscope and all the tools, I just need to know if it's crap regardless of how you built it or if it can work if done properly.

sideways danny

Pro's generally dont want to touch it as it's not a finished product. The project (which is what it is) is a good learning tool for university students etc, it's not a user friendly tool. Parameter feedbacks are limited, compensation feedbacks are non existent, and these are things that are very necessary to get right in order to make an engine run right in different weather conditions.