• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Pug Monkey

My New Exhaust System

Pug Monkey

Had my new exhaust put into place a few weeks ago.

I don't know how you pommy guys like us Ozzies fooling with your terrain but here is some pics. The rear muffler is from a RX8 that i bought on ebay for $0.99 (50p) With some massaging it fits beautifully. A Hi flow cat was used up front and 2 1/2 pipe all the way. The rear tow hook had to go and a mirrored copy of the bumper cut out was used as a template for the extra tip. The difference in acceleration with the Mi16 was astonishing - fast in fast out!

DSCN3014.jpg

DSCN2953.jpg

DSCN2960.jpg

DSCN2978.jpg

DSCN2981.jpg

DSCN2984.jpg

DSCN2993.jpg

DSCN3014.jpg

Edited by Pug Monkey

Arahan

Looks a very tidy job! I'd be tempted to spray the actual box black though with some high temp paint, just to stealth it abit!

Edp

You can see its been done properly and that makes a huge difference. So many awful exhaust boxes have been fitted to 205s over the years and fitted really badly.

Nice job!

Anthony

I'm not normally a fan of twin exhaust like this on a 205, but what you've done is fairly subtle and understated and done to what appears to a be a very good standard, and I reckon that it works and looks pretty good. Normally systems like this look obviously lashed up and poorly executed, but what you've done almost looks like it wouldn't be out of place on a car that left the factory, say how a 205 might look if it were designed today.

As said, good job!

harryskid

Car looks good too! :)

Pug Monkey
Car looks good too! :)

Thanks to all with your kind comments. Other pics can be found here if you wish to look deeper

205gti - 8 valve rebuild (1st attempt)

http://s1001.photobucket.com/albums/af135/...5Gti%20Rebuild/

205gti - Mi16 transplant

http://s1001.photobucket.com/albums/af135/...6%20Transplant/

dee205

The fact that it's subtle makes it look really well and almost factory rather than some of the gash that get thrown on cars. Nice size pipes too.

Why do you have a cat? Can you not get away without it? Might free up an extra few horses.

Pug Monkey
The fact that it's subtle makes it look really well and almost factory rather than some of the gash that get thrown on cars. Nice size pipes too.

Why do you have a cat? Can you not get away without it? Might free up an extra few horses.

I'm trying to keep it as legal as I can because it's my daily drive. The cat is a 200CPI so the restriction is minimal. I could have paid more money for a 100CPI but it would have been nil improvement in a 1.9 litre.

@Arahan - I have been thinking of doing just that to blank out the bulk stainless look. I'll get back to you on that.

welshpug

I guess having a single silencer of that size does away with the need for a centre box?

Nice way of shifting the weight back, might be a bit too far to be useful :wub:

Sign in to follow this