• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Para

406 Master Cylinder With Gti6 Conversion

Para

Hi there,

For the passed few days i've been reading through all the topics about some tips for my future GTI6 conversion. I've noticed good few people bought and fitted master cylinder from 406... Is this a nessesary upgrade ? I'm not sure is it just because it's "shorter|" then the original 205 one so the engine would fit ??? My car is left hand drive so I shouldn't have problems with the space over there as master cylinder would be on the other side.

Cheers,

Mike

Anthony

People normally run 406 MC's for GTi-6 brakes to eliminate the longer pedal travel you can get with the standard 205 MC.

It makes no odds from the point of view of fitting a GTi-6 engine though.

Para

Thanks Anthony. Is there any specific one which I'm looking for ? From which year and model ? Is it make a difference if it's with ABS or not ?

Edited by Para

Anthony

Non-ABS 406's have 4-port MC's whereas ABS 406's have 2-port MC's.

The correct fitment for 205's is on Phase 1 406's, which I think is pre-1999 - certainly the MC's I've removed from various 1997 and 1998 cars have been correct.

Para

Should I get the whole thing, including the black round box (sorry I don't know the name of this in English :/ ) ? Or just the master cylinder from 406 and the rest from 205

1159972340.jpg

Anthony

406 MC and use the existing 205 brake servo (the big round thing)

Miles

Not needed really, Got GTi6 brakes on my Gentry and the pedals instant just like my normal 306 GTi

de Noir
Thanks Anthony. Is there any specific one which I'm looking for ? From which year and model ? Is it make a difference if it's with ABS or not ?

here:

P9010062.jpg

servo unit (black) and brake fluid tank (white opaque) car of origin is 205GTI

aluminium thing belongs to non-ABS 406, part no 4601 G1 from Peugeot

;)

Edited by MH_

CaptainK
Not needed really, Got GTi6 brakes on my Gentry and the pedals instant just like my normal 306 GTi

+1. I've got GTi6 brakes on mine too with my standard Phase 2 master cylinder. Works fine and its been used aggressively too in that setup - on the Eurotrip 2009 and also 26 laps of the Nurburgring. Still works fine. :lol:

calmac

I know this is a very old post, but came across it as doing a brake upgrade on my 106gti powered 205 XR -- (145bhp) on rolling road.  I have purchased a set of GTi-6 calipers & carriers , 283mm discs (which I believe are correct as car running 205 1.9gti discs at present), only to sort pads and possible master cylinder.  Some other guides recommend the Gti-6 master cylinder (2 outputs) and fit the Peugeot splitters to alter from the 205 4 output one, however the 406 one would appear to do the same job but easier as no alteration to plumbing.   Has anyone any advise on this before I purchase master cylinder, Thanks

Andy

I used the 406 cylinder, admittedly with an AP pressure limiter for the rears, so only used three if the 4 ports, but connection for your 4 port requirement should be fine.

Andy

My stuff is phase 2 1.9 so 200 mm afraidF67EDE59-DF61-462D-B300-EC5BC34DFC36.jpeg.3605f2661844cf1cab5cd5bd2474a636.jpeg

09B284B3-1A62-4E60-A41C-3F66E9777475.jpeg

calmac

This is what is in car at present, mounting on master cylinder appears slightly different shape to 406 one, but holes may be in same location. Cylinder code ends in 0466 , can't make rest out but presume a 19mm one 

IMG_0340.JPG

IMG_0343.JPG