Four years ago, almost to the day, my Mi16 broke down and I couldn't get it running again for a long time, despite having a lot of spare parts and other running Mi16s to swap parts from etc.   I tried everything, even a different loom and different fuel as I was getting desperate. In the end the starter motor burnt out, I assumed it was caused by turning the engine over repeatedly to try to get it running but once I fitted a new starter motor the engine unexpectedly ran fine again. I never really understood how the starter could prevent the engine from running yet still turn it over at a good speed, I can only assume it was generating a lot of electrical noise perhaps?   Anyway, a few days ago I was looking at Ian's (Maturin23) Mi16 and I soon realised it was behaving just as mine had, it was turning over at a good speed, had compression, was timed correctly, had a strong spark and (a bit too much) fuel was being injected but wasn't firing at all apart from the odd stutter and backfire.   It seemed to be over fuelling a bit as the plugs were fouling up rapidly so I checked the obvious suspects first, i.e. the AFM and temp sensor but it was the same with known good replacements and the connectors and wiring checked out fine.   Having seen the same symptoms before I had to try another starter and (after fitting one that just clicked ) it fired up and ran well. There were some other issues but once I put the new starter on the over fuelling was gone never to return.   This is the old thread when it happened to mine: http://forum.205gtidrivers.com/index.php?s...c=63132&hl=