• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
gaz832

1.6 1.9 Engine Loom.

gaz832

hi was just wondering if the 1.6 1.9 engine loomare the same, . mu engine loom for my 1.9 is really old and needs renewed. some wires are just falling apart just touching them. will any of the 2 looms run my 1.9 engine.

Anthony

1.6 and 1.9 non-CAT wiring looms are the same for a given age of car, but different looms used depending on the age of the car

welshpug

yup, they are the same insofar as they have the same components and same pinouts to the ECU as long as they are Jetronic non cat engines+ecu's and components

there are a few differences though depending on the age of your car and the routing of the wiring loom, so you need to confirm whether its a Phase 1 with the tachymetric relay in a box in front of the battery, a later phase 1 with the relay next to the ecu and a single brown plug next to the steering column plug.

a phase 1.5 with two brown plugs next to the steering column.

or a phase 2 with an inlet manifold mounted ignition coil, the routing of the wires is different on these and they have a different plug, but the same wires, the Ignition amplifier is relocated to the right hand side.

Edited by welshpug

gaz832
yup, they are the same insofar as they have the same components and same pinouts to the ECU as long as they are Jetronic non cat engines+ecu's and components

there are a few differences though depending on the age of your car and the routing of the wiring loom, so you need to confirm whether its a Phase 1 with the tachymetric relay in a box in front of the battery, a later phase 1 with the relay next to the ecu and a single brown plug next to the steering column plug.

a phase 1.5 with two brown plugs next to the steering column.

or a phase 2 with an inlet manifold mounted ignition coil, the routing of the wires is different on these and they have a different plug, but the same wires, the Ignition amplifier is relocated to the right hand side.

its a Phase 1 with the tachymetric relay in a box in front of the battery , that sounds like my loom, mine bolts to the slam panel with 2 screws. need to find a good loom now, as the car wont start atall

blessed6383

i will have one strippd out of the car at the end of the week if you need one mate its been re-rapped and covered in red flexi tubing if your interested allthe plugs are in good condition and its from an ph1.5 but the starter wire has been swapped as it was in my ph2 easy to swap back tho

Edited by blessed6383

gaz832
i will have one strippd out of the car at the end of the week if you need one mate its been re-rapped and covered in red flexi tubing if your interested allthe plugs are in good condition and its from an ph1.5 but the starter wire has been swapped as it was in my ph2 easy to swap back tho

much would u want for it and could u swap the starter wire back. ?

blessed6383
much would u want for it and could u swap the starter wire back. ?

yer can swap it back no problem and say £40?

gaz832
yer can swap it back no problem and say £40?

yeah thats cool mate, will this run my 1990 g plate no problem, and will all the plugs fit back where my old loom plgs go. if so i will take it off u.

Edited by gaz832

blessed6383

cool give me a pm with your address will try get it out before then if finish early one day this week

cheers chris

Sign in to follow this