• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
205turbo

Recommend Me A Throttle Body Setup

205turbo

as you may of seen i have just put my carbs up for sale, I bought a new omex 600 ecu / loom from northampton motorsport at the PPC show,

so my question is (and i have done a search B) )

who's using what bodies?, jenvey / kms / Sandy my engine is 2045cc and was making 196bhp with the 45 carbs on 38mm chokes,

Edited by 205turbo

DrSarty
so my question is (and i have done a search :) )

And what did that search reveal? B)

brumster

I be using Jenveys and EFI. Most definately thumbs up from me B)

welshpug

I can't reccomend a system or set of components, but my observation of what's on the market is that only one setup has looked closely as the inlet tract lengths required and clearances encountered, everything else (however well they seem to work) is a generic off the shelf compromise.

Sandy + Colin's inlets if you hadn't guessed :)

oh and they dont have to use bike bodies if you want to follow the poo-poohing bike bodies trend B) they can do something to suit T/B's like Jenveys too.

best bet is to speak to them, I know they are very busy.

Edited by welshpug

All Praise The GTI

i have a set of colin satchells original style itbs. will be fitting them to my gti6 engined 205 in the not so distant future on an emerald so il report back then B)

Baz

Jenveys!

Tbh Jenveys/Lumenition/KMS/Omex bodies are all the same.

sideways danny
Jenveys!

Tbh Jenveys/Lumenition/KMS/Omex bodies are all the same.

KMS aren't. All the others are Jenvey.

I'd use Jenvey 9 out of 10 times. Very occasionally you find something more suitable for a specific vehicle, but not very often at all. they're SO well made, easier to balance, and more reliable than anything else

Baz
KMS aren't. All the others are Jenvey.

Oh right, what's the differences then?

Batfink

I think KMS copied the Jenvey designs...

205turbo

cheers guys have pm'd sandy and i'm a waiting a reply

Baz
I think KMS copied the Jenvey designs...

So do i, same as all the others too esentially!

CaptainK

I've got a set of Colin & Sandy's fine ITBs on my 205 GTi6. Awesome sounding and the car goes well too. 8)

All Praise The GTI

what managment are you running captain k?

damien

bike bodies on kms management, getting it mapped/setup at the end of july.

had the same setup on the gti6 and finding someone to map the kms was a rite sod.

Baz

Jenveys on Emerald. :)

Easy as 1, 2, 3. :lol:

kentish_lad

i know its not the same but a friend of mine was running a b16 honda engine is his lotus and he used jenveys on that and ohmygosh were they pretty and so well made they were a real peice of artwork

CaptainK
what managment are you running captain k?

DTA S40 Pro, using a custom loom made by Sandy and also mapped by Sandy.

DrSarty

I know the OP has already made his choice, but I think it's worth emphasising again that there should be no real difference between people's attitudes concerning Jenvey ITBs (and other similar items) and bike bodies...providing the bike bodies are properly fitted to the (custom) inlet manifold and head.

What I'm saying is they only deserve the bad rep when incorrectly fitted, as arguably the bike bodies themselves are actually of similar if not better manufacturing quality and cheaper.

Japanese production quality is top notch, and the design is excellent as well. And one could also argue - as someone's mentioned before - that bike bodies when fitted correctly and matched to a good inlet are actually a better, and more 'made to suit' match for your particular engine.

I say this because the inlet manifold/runners that go with the Jenveys etc are 'off the shelf items' and practically the same for each car.

So yes - as Baz is hinting at - they are simple to buy, fit and set up, because they are made to be that simple.

But it is an illusion if anyone is thinking bike bodies are of less quality and are in anyway less capable of delivering good results. People who like Jenveys etc should not necessarily turn their noses up (every time) at the mention of bike bodies.

As with car audio, house decoration, body work and many other things, planning and fitment is the secret. All Jenvey etc have done (which could be called a compromise), is remove any need for custom work; and for that you pay a price premium.

kyepan

Colin's should also make better mid range torque than the jenvey as it uses a long manifold, instead of a stubby one.

Baz

Yes but you can do that with Jenveys too. :blush:

It's just another packaging excercise, an optimised inlet setup would never sell as well as an easy-fit off the shelf setup because it wouldn't be just that, an easy fit set up.

You can ultimately make anything work as well as anything else, i just like the fact that my jenveys are a known brand, and you can go and buy parts for them easily enough, not that i'm saying you can't with anything else, it's just so easy because it's so known, but not only that, manufactured bodies with a DCOE fitment are generic, they're not made to fit one application, this holds massive benefits to me and probably many others, they'll always be worth something come re-sell time, open to a much bigger market, and can be transferred to another car very easily with just a manifold swap etc etc...

Jenveys in the great scheme of things aren't actually that much more expensive in my eyes either, comparitive anyway.

Edited by Baz

Matt Holley

Just to add to this, Colin can make a more suitable manifold for the jenveys and make it so you can use 8 injectors.

I am using one of Colin's earlier TB set ups and am very happy with them.

sideways danny

Anything can be made to fit and work well with enough time, money and skill. I made some chinese made ebay specials intended for a honda fit onto my clio

IMAG0098.jpg

IMAG0101.jpg

Been on and driving for a week now. Pretty shocked when i went to balance them on first startup and they were perfect across all cylinders

I may at some point utilise the secondary injector holes/rail that came with it as standard too

10607-13.jpg

was a lot of ballache though, if there was a good manifold for the engine i have, I would have just used Jenveys

kyepan
Yes but you can do that with Jenveys too. :)

It's just another packaging excercise, an optimised inlet setup would never sell as well as an easy-fit off the shelf setup because it wouldn't be just that, an easy fit set up.

so there is a less easy to fit but longer manifold available for jenvey?

slightly confused.