• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
JamieTonks

205's On Other Peugeot Alloys

Daviewonder

they look like roulette wheels ;)

oz.

They're Schmidt's. Polished steel, very strong, I'd assume they're very heavy.

Also - very expensive.

Baz

Also now very bent like the rest of the car! :)

Schmidt TH Line's iirc?

oz.

Yep, when you look at the video's showing off their strength it's surprising what the motorbike did to them.

I'd like to find out the weight of them though

richsmells

The Apollo's on Henry's Cti work quite well, and to me anything non-standard looks wrong. :) Not sure they'd look so good on a Gti though.

Edited by richsmells

backroadpug
red2052.jpg

Baz

Nimrods do look good, just a shame they don't fit properly.

IMG_4100.jpg

Does anyone have any pics of the 406 15" versions on a 205?

24seven

Veero had some 15" ouragans on his 205 for a while. The 2 miamis above really make them look great, but in the flesh I really didn't like them on my 205, perhaps it's just the colour they work with. They look fantastic on a 309 though. :)

vendo-309-gti-16v.jpg

Hilgie

There are 16" 406 Nimrods available with the right offset.

Henry Yorke
The Apollo's on Henry's Cti work quite well, and to me anything non-standard looks wrong. :) Not sure they'd look so good on a Gti though.

Great caliper clearance for big brakes and still 15". I think they look like a modern Speedline. I have never seen any fitted to a 205 GTI though

There are 16" 406 Nimrods available with the right offset.

Yes, they are the Ouragons. You can also get some copies in the right offset. 205Turbo has some on his CTI.

Of course there are Vortex

post-3457-1271963728_thumb.jpg

or Atlantis

post-3457-1271963001_thumb.jpg

but traditionally these are castigated as upsetting the handling. I think they look great and you can get 195/40/17 tyres now

Liquid_106

Does anybody have pics of the Ph.1 206 gti wheels on a 205? (Not the vortex, 180 gti ones)

Edit:

These

3041465.jpg

Edited by Liquid_106

Baz

Yes but not a very good one, as they didn't fit without spacers!

0ab869b5.jpg

richsmells

The wheels on the 1007 look a bit like modern Gentry/STDT/405 wheels:

peugeot-1007.jpg

Liquid_106
Yes but not a very good one, as they didn't fit without spacers!

0ab869b5.jpg

Can you remember what size spacers you used? Also, what front brakes did you run?

Cheers thumb.gif

Henry Yorke

I am guessing you need 10-15mm spacers for 206 wheels.. 180 Atlantis wheels are ET25 but are 7J. 307 17" Challenger wheels are 6.5J and ET31. 15" 206 wheels will be 6J at a guess, so likely to be ET31ish, so 15mm on a standard 205 rear beam. Obviously less if running a 309 one

24seven

Henry, don't suppose you know the correct name of these 307 wheels do you?

peugeot-307-l.jpg

They're similar to the Vortex/Atlantis wheels (can't tell the difference between those either myself) but with a flair at the end of the spokes.

Anthony
Obviously less if running a 309 one

Don't think that'll make a difference Henry - the trailing arm (or more precisely, the ARB end plate) is the closest point to the inside of the wheel/tyre rather than the inner arch, and the hub-trailing arm distance is the same on both a 205 and 309 beam.

306 or Xsara arms would probably give you a few more millimeters - and thus smaller spacers - as the hubs are offset slightly more, but nothing significant.

309 beam makes running many of the newer/larger Peugeot wheels more problematic if anything, as many are wider than 6" and you can't run much more than that and a lowered ride height without modifiying the rear outer arches.

Baz
Can you remember what size spacers you used? Also, what front brakes did you run?

Cheers

I didn't! I never actually fitted them properly because i didn't like the idea of having to run spacers etc.

From memory, i think they fitted the front (1.6 setup) but not the rear as they were against the rear arches.

Henry Yorke
Henry, don't suppose you know the correct name of these 307 wheels do you?

Ariane. The shaved spokes of the later ones are 16" Equinoxe wheels. I think these would look great on a 205 too along with some of the other 307 wheels.

Don't think that'll make a difference Henry - the trailing arm (or more precisely, the ARB end plate) is the closest point to the inside of the wheel/tyre rather than the inner arch, and the hub-trailing arm distance is the same on both a 205 and 309 beam.

Good point, I had forgotten about that pesky end plate, however as you say it is the outer arch that is the problem so you would technically need less spacer width, if the ARB end plate allowed it.

Edited by Henry Yorke

24seven

Thanks:). Those equinoxe wheels are very similar to some Audi wheels that come with a polished flat surface and grey/anthracite elsewhere. I can't find a pic of them on google though.

dodsworth_gti
Does anyone have any pics of the 406 15" versions on a 205?

these what you mean??

049.jpg

these fit perfect,although they have slightly larger tyres on which ill change to 195/50's when these are dead

Edited by dodsworth_gti

Baz

Yup! Those ones, i have a set in primer in the garage, need to decide what colour to paint them and whack some tyres on them! (As if i really need another set of wheels... :))

Liquid_106

Thanks for the pics & info peoples :)

I intend to run a 309 beam so I'll wait till thats fitted before I launch into buying spacers

happygoron
Yup! Those ones, i have a set in primer in the garage, need to decide what colour to paint them and whack some tyres on them! (As if i really need another set of wheels... :huh:)

I'd say those need to be silver really. Don't think they'd work in anything else. Mind, I'm fussy. They are one of the very few non speedlines that I think look ok on a 205.

dodsworth_gti

im going to re paint them,just going to do them a really light and bright silver,think they will look crap in anything else!