• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
supersub14

Textured Bumper Paint

supersub14

Ok this isnt for the bumpers on my 205 but im going to ask on here anyway for your opinions.

Im re-spraying the bumpers on my AE86 and i need them to finish up looking semi-matt black and with the texture in them i.e. as close to original as possible.

Now ive been searching the internet for a while and the two products ive come up with are:

Mastertex

mastertex.jpg

U-Pol Plast X

shop%20stock%20feb%2009%20318.jpg

Has anyone used these?? I would like opinions before i purchase.

I also found this product from a thread (by Paintguy) from 2006 on this forum but their wernt any pics to see the results:

http://www.paints4u.com/ProductDetails.aspx?productID=5933

My brother used the U-Pol stuff on a sierra bumper and it turned out awful, but that may have been down to the way he applied it. I think he just used the X-5 range, and didnt use X-4 which to me is the textured one. All that my local paint shop supply is the U-Pol stuff so im tempted towards the Mastertex stuff on ebay.

Opinions please....

Edited by supersub14

toddydal

ive used the upol 1 but ther is better 1s on the market,we have a new 1 at work but i cant remember who makes it but its the best ive used i will get the name of it it goes on perfect but the upol 1 you have to rub it down a bit to get it right and thats the fine 1 aswell

supersub14

That'd be great :rolleyes: cheers

MerlinGTI

I use the UPOL range at work. Its pretty damn good but does need a bit of fiddling to get it looking its best.

Also the texture bit is a seperate can to the colour + Primer ( & + Adhesion promoter if you want to get fancy).... So can work out quite pricey once you get everything you need.

supersub14

ive ordered the mastertex one. Might be crap but sure you never know until you try these things lol

Cheers for the input! :)

Robbiedundy

Bringing up an old topic, did anyone do this? I'd like to spray my rallye arches to match the bumpers and was wondering if its similar at all?