• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
jyouell

Bolts To Fit Spot Lights? Oh And A Good Welder Portsmouth Area?

jyouell

Hi guys, my first proper post as I have now have finally got around to trying to renovate (at least in a small way!) my Sorrento Green 1.9 GTi.

First off, I am in the process of replacing the front spot lights, having visited the local GSF three time before they accepted that they do sell the original spots. The only problem is that the bolt are well and truly rusted on to the old set. I have tried soaking WD40 and a lot of brute force but I can't get them past the last 0.5mm of the bolt - annoying as hell as I've been doing this on the road pretty much dodging traffic as I do it! Anyway if anyone could let me know the correct size bolt or somewhere to buy them from I would be really grateful.

On another note, the roof skin seems to have decided to rust from the inside out, around three 0.5mm ish holes which I would ideally like to get welded or have patched professionally. I tried the last time with filler and resprayed but it obviously hasn't done the trick. So if anyone has any recommendation in Portsmouth area please let me know!

Cheers, and thanks for looking! :lol:

2-Pugs

Do the new driving lamps not come with new bolts? (I thought they did?). If so then just carefully cut the old ones off with a grinder.

Size wise I think they are M8 which you should be able to get from any nut or bolt place, but the head is a peculiar rectangular shape and not a convential hexagon that fits into a recess in the lamp. You can modify a normal bolt head to fit by filing down the head. I could be wrong but I don't think the bolts are available separately from Peugeot.

jyouell
Do the new driving lamps not come with new bolts? (I thought they did?). If so then just carefully cut the old ones off with a grinder.

Size wise I think they are M8 which you should be able to get from any nut or bolt place, but the head is a peculiar rectangular shape and not a convential hexagon that fits into a recess in the lamp. You can modify a normal bolt head to fit by filing down the head. I could be wrong but I don't think the bolts are available separately from Peugeot.

Thanks, the new lights do come with the bolt, but not the nut, sorry I'm confusing my nuts and bolts! I'll have a go with a grinder or do you think a dremel would do it?

Cheers

welshpug

The nut is a fine thread IIRC, I used a nut splitter on the old ones as I didn't have a thin disc for the angle grinder at the time.

Part number for said nut is;

7244 K7 HEXAGONAL NUT,

It cross references to the diff casing on an ME gearbox, most gearbox side mountings on the boxer van, the timing belt idler pulley on the 2.5 and 2.8 boxer van HDI engines, the bracket of the fuel filter head on the same vehicle again, oh and the a/c pump ;)

jyouell
The nut is a fine thread IIRC, I used a nut splitter on the old ones as I didn't have a thin disc for the angle grinder at the time.

Part number for said nut is;

7244 K7 HEXAGONAL NUT,

It cross references to the diff casing on an ME gearbox, most gearbox side mountings on the boxer van, the timing belt idler pulley on the 2.5 and 2.8 boxer van HDI engines, the bracket of the fuel filter head on the same vehicle again, oh and the a/c pump ;)

Thanks, I guess I'll be popping off to the nearest Peugeot parts centre then!

jyouell
Thanks, I guess I'll be popping off to the nearest Peugeot parts centre then!

Not sure if it's of interest. Whilst off searching for appropriate bolts online of the stainless variety I found a UK company that supplies stainless steel nuts and bolts with no minimum order quantity which might be useful as the cars get older! Stagonset

welshpug

good find :D

I just checked an older parts catalogue and the part number shown is; 6932 43 HEXAGONAL NUT M10X1.25-8

as you can see, M10 fine, the new part number has superseded the old one, and is cheaper on the price files too :D

I'd be tempted to fit some SS nuts from the place you linked to if they have any, they do list them at 43p which is about the same as the Zinc plated o.e nuts.

quagmire

I had this problem with my replacement spot lamps. I ended up just replacing the glass and surround and leaving the body in place cause they were original SIEM ones anyway.