• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
AlexB

[misc_work] My Toys!

AlexB

first of the 2 toys is my daily kinda sleeper toy as nobody expects it to ne as nippy as it is adn im hoping to do a few little cheeky tweaks when im settled into a decent job (as i lost mine :( )

1989 205 xs in white on 125k which im currently using as a daily drive :)

mods are a pugsport exhaust modded to fit the 1380 tu lump a set of 247mm vented brakes off a saxo vtr and a set of s2 rallye steelies and a couple of little stickers cause im a chav lol! (and that theory is supported my my second car)

needs a good clean tbh

IMG_0722-1.jpg

IMG_0719-1.jpg

and the second car i have is my track toy to be (im building it now)

2003 posioden blue saxo vtr on 78k

mods are (long list)

fully stripped to just a dash and 2 lotus elise buckets and a schroth/safety devices harness and some s2 rallye front doorcards

apex 50mm suspension kit

24mm 106 gti rear arb

22mm vts/gti front arb

polyrace rear beam mounts

powerflex front wishbone and front arb bushes

pugsport rear wishbone bushes

wilwood 283mm 4 pots

goodridge braided brake lines

compomotive mo 5 spoke flat faces

yokohama prada spec 2 195/50/15s

peugeot sport group n topmounts

peugeot sport group a semi rigid engine mounts

vtr motor in standard even with the cat still in the manifold (has had a 16v in there but that caused issues and doesnt run so the 8v is going back in)

supersprint exhaust centre section

not got a backbox atm

few cosmetic bits like 106 mirrors and the caps wheels and spoilers all painted grey and some carbon bits here and there like the radio blank and covers for holes here and there lol

few snaps when it was getting used as a fast road car and had full interior and a piper backbox (but all are gone as above)

DSC_0504.jpg

sax55.jpg

sax50.jpg

sax6.jpg

IMG_0509-2.jpg

bit of an old pic but lots more of this to come

Picture030.jpg

anyway yea ill try and keep this up to date on both cars for you all to see

and hopefully you like what i do with both wont think im a fool owning a saxo lol!

Edited by AlexB

miamichris

Xs's are great fun as a daily driver aren't they? B)

I love mine, the urge to put the foot down all the time is hard to resist though! :)

Give it a clean, polish and some of that plasticare bumper stuff, a new quarter badge and it'll be sitting nice.

Like the xs, but not into saxo's myself mate, but each to their own :(

Henry Yorke

88 onwards XS is one of the most underrated 205's and for pennies too

AlexB
Xs's are great fun as a daily driver aren't they? B)

I love mine, the urge to put the foot down all the time is hard to resist though! :blink:

Give it a clean, polish and some of that plasticare bumper stuff, a new quarter badge and it'll be sitting nice.

Like the xs, but not into saxo's myself mate, but each to their own :lol:

i love the xs tbh its well fun

hopefully i can get it into decent nick like

so far im just tidying the machanicals up and then ill get onto the paintwork/bumpers ect

and the saxo i like tbh ;)

its just fun tbh love it

everyone says there mint and tbh i agree

its a brilliant car for the money (400 quid) haha

great fun :D

Jrod

I've had 4! :blink:

one-lady-owner

I've only had the one, but it is an awesome car! There is a 205xs forum, I was on it a little while ago but it was a little quiet, very good if you didn't need an answer quickly! Although the answers were usually very good! I haven't been on it in a long time so I don't know if it's gotten any busier!!

http://www.hostingphpbb.com/forum/index.ph...um=peugeot205xs

I know Jrod was/is a member!! A very useful one at that!!

AlexB
I've only had the one, but it is an awesome car! There is a 205xs forum, I was on it a little while ago but it was a little quiet, very good if you didn't need an answer quickly! Although the answers were usually very good! I haven't been on it in a long time so I don't know if it's gotten any busier!!

http://www.hostingphpbb.com/forum/index.ph...um=peugeot205xs

I know Jrod was/is a member!! A very useful one at that!!

cheers for that one :lol:

im actally on there as well as here joined up a few days ago lol :blink:

very very quiet compared to the other forums im on lol

Jrod

To be honest you everything you need to know will be on here... :ph34r:

miamichris

I definitely agree with that, mines a '90 and its the best daily driver i've had, takes more maintenance to keep on the road but definitely worth it! :ph34r:

i love the xs tbh its well fun

hopefully i can get it into decent nick like

so far im just tidying the machanicals up and then ill get onto the paintwork/bumpers ect

and the saxo i like tbh :)

its just fun tbh love it

everyone says there mint and tbh i agree

its a brilliant car for the money (400 quid) haha

great fun :D

Excessive use of tbh there....tbh :lol::P

I got mine for £400 as well, although I would say i've spent 3 times that gettin it sorted to how I have it now, never fails to make me smile when I stick the boot down in it! :D

AlexB
Excessive use of tbh there....tbh :P:D

I got mine for £400 as well, although I would say i've spent 3 times that gettin it sorted to how I have it now, never fails to make me smile when I stick the boot down in it! :D

sorry lol im really bad for stuff like tbh lol imo iirc ect its a very bad habit i have lol :ph34r::lol:

i think that so far its the best car fun per £ ive had and ive had quite a few random cars like

allready ive spent out about 300 on mine and theres another 200 getting spent on all new rear brakes this week

im hoping to lob a few more hundred at it when i have the saxo running again (motors out fitting the engine mounts)

and i need to refurbish the steelies and sort out my hurricaines i have for it with some a048s for those weekend moments :D but suspension will be a fair bit better hopefully by then :)

tbh though atm it all depends on how long till i get a job :(

hopefully not long

tezza

ah shed motorsport. so you know ferg then?

love the cars mate. keep us updated

AlexB
ah shed motorsport. so you know ferg then?

love the cars mate. keep us updated

not personally but i have spoke to him a few times on the forum like

ill try to keep this up dated for you all

first update will probably be a little while as im away next week

but im getting all new rear drums ect on the rear friday :)

SurGie

Yeah but the GT handles better than the XS but is slightly slower, well at least the two i had were, iv owned both registered

in the same year.

I also measured the height of the GT from the floor to ground and the GT was the same height as my PH2 1.9 GTI.

AlexB
Yeah but the GT handles better than the XS but is slightly slower, well at least the two i had were, iv owned both registered

in the same year.

I also measured the height of the GT from the floor to ground and the GT was the same height as my PH2 1.9 GTI.

deffo isnt as low as my old ph2 1.9 gti

ill be sorting that out though when i have funds lmao!

AlexB

Just dropped the xs up my mates to get the rear brakes done

would have done it myself but cba to mess with it all atm

will get a few pics of some stuff next time

i get a chance but I have a few parts here and there that should be fun for it :)

need the better brakes and susension ect first though no poin having some

power of I can't put it on the floor

AlexB

got bored today so got some stuff i had sat about and fitted it in the saxo

IMG_0755-1.jpg

kill switch and all the wiring to relocate the battery into the boot is now in place so when i can ill get a battery box and its all sorted like :) just not got it through into the bay yet (can see ive just flopped it into the drivers footwell atm lol!

random stuff as atm i cant get the motor swapped back round to the 8v

the 205 atm is locked in marks unit :(

he had to shoot off but the cars done

being as its locked up i cant get any pics though for you all sorry guys

AlexB

random snap to show i got the xs back last week

IMG_0774.jpg

spent the week in corby at the lasses lol

gotta say this car never misses a beat and makes me smile far too much lol

and im just in the process if getting a new interior hopefully :)

leathers ftw

and got some new wheels so i can refurb the rallye steelies too which will go on soon

Daviewonder

Its good to see an XS being looked after, makes a change as a lot have been abused by boy racers or used as work horses. Nice Saxo too, looks pretty clean, although technically I think Im supposed to hate them as im a 106 GTI owner :)

AlexB
Its good to see an XS being looked after, makes a change as a lot have been abused by boy racers or used as work horses. Nice Saxo too, looks pretty clean, although technically I think Im supposed to hate them as im a 106 GTI owner :)

cheers man

tbh the 205 has been abused but im planning to get it back to some former glory :P

will be doing a lot (will post in a moment)

and i have a 106 gti aswell but im just breaking it for parts now :D

the saxo i had one as my first car and then kinda moved on a bit

AlexB

so as above heres what i got up too today like

got bored and had some t cut lol

bonnet kinda came up ok decided to do that first as it was the worst bit of paint on the car

the rest is a mess as you will see

also stuck the 1/4 badge back on with some tiger seal for now

and we also figured out why my sunroof leaks and cleaned all the seal out ect

IMG_0822-1.jpg

IMG_0827.jpg

IMG_0815.jpg

IMG_0821-1.jpg

ALLMOST a reflection lol!!!!

IMG_0826-1.jpg

suck the side badges back on and the odd drivers side stuff

IMG_0818-1.jpg

IMG_0819-1.jpg

FILTH lol!!

IMG_0816-1.jpg

IMG_0817-1.jpg

were planning to do a fair bit more cleaning in the week so shall see what we can do :)

miamichris

Order stuff called "plasticare" from ebay, get the grey one, it's about 12 quid I think..then do your bumpers and badges with it and a bit of Autoglym bumper care afterwards and they'll come up like new :P

If you know someone with a polishing machine, it will make the job you're doing a lot easier! Don't use T-cut with a machine polisher though, try something like farecla G3 compound on it.

T-cut is hard work but will bring it up eventually, if you use something like Autoglym super resin polish after T-cutting it should come up well and give it a bit of protection.

One more thing, WASH it before you start polishing!! :D

EDIT: here's a photo of my XS to inspire you (its a completely spoilt everyday driver! :)) after a serious machine polishing, a good few months ago just after I bought it!

th_thexs.jpg

Edited by miamichris

AlexB
Order stuff called "plasticare" from ebay, get the grey one, it's about 12 quid I think..then do your bumpers and badges with it and a bit of Autoglym bumper care afterwards and they'll come up like new :)

If you know someone with a polishing machine, it will make the job you're doing a lot easier! Don't use T-cut with a machine polisher though, try something like farecla G3 compound on it.

T-cut is hard work but will bring it up eventually, if you use somethhing like Autoglym super resin polish after T-cutting it should come up well and give it a bit of protection.

One more thing, WASH it before you start polishing!! :D

we did wash the bonnet first

just wanted the worst off it for in the week like

got a few friends into cleaning so there helping out and we plan to polish it all after t-cut :P

and the bumpers plan is just paint and i can pretty much forget about them like as ill need to keep on top of the treating if left i think

miamichris
we did wash the bonnet first

just wanted the worst off it for in the week like

got a few friends into cleaning so there helping out and we plan to polish it all after t-cut :)

and the bumpers plan is just paint and i can pretty much forget about them like as ill need to keep on top of the treating if left i think

Go for the plasticare, its a dye and its much less hassle than painting! There's a few topics on here about it and it's well recommended, I did mine possibly 6 months ago and they aren't showing any signs of fading yet, I just give them a coat of Autoglym bumper care once in a while to give them a bit of a shine because the plasticare has a matt finish to it.

So you don't have to keep treating it at all mate if you don't mind the matt finish :P

AlexB
Go for the plasticare, its a dye and its much less hassle than painting! There's a few topics on here about it and it's well recommended, I did mine possibly 6 months ago and they aren't showing any signs of fading yet, I just give them a coat of Autoglym bumper care once in a while to give them a bit of a shine because the plasticare has a matt finish to it.

So you don't have to keep treating it at all mate if you don't mind the matt finish :)

could be spot on then lol

and i was gunna go matt black woth them like so not fussed on a matt finish

i wouldnt mind them being black not grey though tbh i dunno just a bit different like i think

Daviewonder

I dyed my grey bumpers black using plasticare from eBay over a year ago and there still nice and black (see my sorrento progress thread in my signature), I would definately recomened plasticare to anyone as its awesome stuff!