• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
cybernck

[misc_work] 205 GTI 999

Henry Yorke

Silver looks great on a phase 2 and is not that common. Keep the red stripe though. I agree that washed out grey trim stops it looking sharp and neat. I refreshed my XS 10 years ago:

19749_304779439668_648594668_4548331_5413080_n.jpg

19749_304779449668_648594668_4548332_6738557_n.jpg

FicaGTI

Keep it standard, it is too good to "modify", I have olmost bought the same looking car 2 months ago, but some guy was quicker :) and took it in front of my nose..anyway it can not be better combination for those seats, grey exterior and grey interior....for the outside trim, i have just recived "plasticare" product for refreshing grey trim...so i will let you know how it works....cheers

cybernck

Wow, I can't believe that I got the car nearly two years ago now and I've not done any work on it since,

except having to repair the radiator, but I've just started making it nicer and better, so you can expect

an update soon! :)

DamirGTI

if it's actually worthwhile "killing" the originallty of this very car for the sake of 30 bhp?

I say - no -_- ... especially from the last experience chasing the Mi16 with tuned 1.9 8v up the hill .. wouldn't do the 2.0 8v Turbo either ...

Myself , if it was to "which engine ?" , id stick with a 1.9 8v Motronic as standard (they drove really nicely ..) or i would turbocharged it (it'll be my next engine build plan ! ..)

Damir B)

cybernck

Nearly two years and only 4000 km later, we're in September 2011. Better late than never - starting a small

overhaul from inside out. Dirty interior was making me sick and I was eagerly awaiting to see it out.

205gti999_025.thumb.jpg

Fashionable red carpet, one of the 205 GTI iconic features, was past its best too and also going out.

205gti999_027.thumb.jpg

Everything removed and sent to an upholsterer, for side bolsters repair and general tidy-up.

205gti999_029.thumb.jpg

A classic example of side bolster damage. It's actually not too extensive, especially not on the other seat.

It was an easy job for the professional. Next up, the cleaners.

205gti999_030.thumb.jpg

Meanwhile, since about half of the bulbs had been blown, I took the dash apart and changed them.

205gti999_031.thumb.jpg

At the same time, I got a better condition steering wheel, gear knob and gear gator from my parts collection :)

205gti999_032.thumb.jpg

To be continued...

Photos here: http://photos.cybernck.com/205gti999?page=2

cybernck

With the interior parts back from the cleaners, the first job was to put the clean carpet back in the car.

I've also put the dash back together. What a massive difference! Apart from some fade in the driver's

footwell, it looks pristine.

205gti999_033.thumb.jpg

The rear seats - fitted back in place looking like they've never been sat on.

205gti999_035.thumb.jpg

The finished front seats look pretty good! Also, I swapped the sides to even out the wear, so my passenger

side seat is now my driver's seat.

205gti999_036.thumb.jpg

All done! I'm now in love with the interior :). Ironically, new floor mats I've had on my disposal have "Tuning"

written on them, haha. As you can see, the reclining adjuster is on the outside side now, so the lower plastic

cover can't be used, but I don't really miss it :).

205gti999_037.thumb.jpg

205 GTI dash layout and illumination - a fascination from my childhood days.

205gti999_040.thumb.jpg

All in all, I'm very pleased with the results - it was well worth the effort!

Photos here: http://photos.cybernck.com/205gti999?page=3

cybernck

To firm up and lower the suspension a bit, I've installed Koni Sport adjustable shocks absorbers with

Jamex -30 mm springs and BakerBM Grp.N top mounts in the front of the car...

205gti999_041.thumb.jpg

...and matching Koni Sport adjustable dampers in the rear. I haven't altered the rear beam height.

205gti999_042.thumb.jpg

Full size photos here: http://photos.cybernck.com/205gti999?page=3

cybernck

Meanwhile, I got offered a Phase 2 Miami Blue 1.9 - a car I've been dreaming about

for many years, as I've never had a Ph2 205 GTI and it was my favourite colour for

that model, so I've simply had to buy it.

205gti999_043.thumb.jpg

Unfortunately, with both of them in need of restoration, one had to go. I decided

in favour of the Miami Blue and eventually managed to sell the Silver one. I'm not

happy about it but I've had no other choice.

205gti999_044.thumb.jpg

BYE BYE 205 GTI 999! :-(

Full size photos here: http://photos.cybernck.com/205gti999?page=3

• Like 1