• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Lewis205mi

Wiring In Megasquirt

Sandy

Checking and correcting the basics at the start of the job should go without saying, you can't be sure you're mapping it correctly any other way. It's not necessarily the tuner's obligation, but if you want to make a good job of it, it's essential.

Edited by Sandy

mtechmatt
Checking and correcting the basics at the start of the job should go without saying, you can't be sure you're mapping it correctly any other way. It's not necessarily the tuner's obligation, but if you want to make a good job of it, it's essential.

Indeed,

TPS calibration, is two step with our ECUs. If there were signs that the linkage had been played with I would of taken iot further and Chedked for WOT, not in this case as everything appeared fine, and the pwners said everything was fine. They are talking 3% anyway, it made 4bhp difference (TP in a boosted engine makes very little difference after around 60%.)

This car is problems waiting to happen, they know it, we know it. As a result fo them alone we are now making a concious effort to turn these type of vehicles away as we don't need the work, or indeed the hassle that it brings.

And Lewis, for your information, I am on this forum becuase you are in fact unable to say this to me drirectly, and hence it is my duty to defend myself.

If everyone has a read over the Punto forums they will see exactly the mass opinion given by them.

I actually advised you to go to the engine builder/installer and seek compensation for the crap job they did as it was TERRIBLE! Water hoses leaking, no heat sheils, dodgy wiring.... Fault finding that engine would cost more than fitting standalone, and all we do is standalone managem,ent, you chose to have it done, I said time and time again sell the car and buy a GT if thats what you wanted!

Best of luck with it anyway....

Matt

Lewis205mi
Indeed,

TPS calibration, is two step with our ECUs. If there were signs that the linkage had been played with I would of taken iot further and Chedked for WOT, not in this case as everything appeared fine, and the pwners said everything was fine. They are talking 3% anyway, it made 4bhp difference (TP in a boosted engine makes very little difference after around 60%.)

This car is problems waiting to happen, they know it, we know it. As a result fo them alone we are now making a concious effort to turn these type of vehicles away as we don't need the work, or indeed the hassle that it brings.

And Lewis, for your information, I am on this forum becuase you are in fact unable to say this to me drirectly, and hence it is my duty to defend myself.

If everyone has a read over the Punto forums they will see exactly the mass opinion given by them.

I actually advised you to go to the engine builder/installer and seek compensation for the crap job they did as it was TERRIBLE! Water hoses leaking, no heat sheils, dodgy wiring.... Fault finding that engine would cost more than fitting standalone, and all we do is standalone managem,ent, you chose to have it done, I said time and time again sell the car and buy a GT if thats what you wanted!

Best of luck with it anyway....

Matt

There are no problems any more, Its clear that you have your opinions as do i so i think in this case we should agree to disagree.

Lewis

mtechmatt
There are no problems any more, Its clear that you have your opinions as do i so i think in this case we should agree to disagree.

Lewis

Agreed, no hard feelings and best of luck with the car. Would be nice to hear what power it finally made etc.

Cheers,

Matt

Lewis205mi

Ok so i know this is old news but i thought i had better end this thread on a positive note.

As some may no after reading this thread myself and Matt fell out after we had a big disagreement with regards to the tuning of my girlfriends car.

I feel i should take back every bad word that i said as he has worked very hard to put things right and the car is now 100% and we couldn't be any happier with it.

I have now completely changed my attitude towards M-tech and wouldn't hesitate in taking my car there. :)

Lewis

DrSarty

Well f*ck me backwards with a stick!

I must say I respect that post more than most I've seen on here for years. Fair play to you.

It takes a humbled and mature person to effectively apologise in public like that, and I'm pleased it's all turned out OK. Well done to all involved.