• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Atari Boy

Best Way To Clean An Interior Carpet?

Atari Boy

I have read on here about how various people have cleaned their red floor carpets in different ways.

I am about to swap over the carpet in my 205 for a cleaner one but I thought that before I fitted it it would be worth giving it a good clean.

I believe that we (read my wife) has a carpet shampoo Hoover thing which might work but I have also heard of others jet washing theirs.

My new carpet is not filthy but it would still benefit from a good clean before it goes it, what is the best way of ticketing it?

miamichris

When I was cleaning the dark grey carpet out of my miami I found that my mum had one of those vax carpet washers, so I used that and then hung it up and power washed it to get any shampoo out of it and left it to dry, worked really well! ;)

Henry Yorke

Paintguy pressure washered my grey CTI carpet and he said loads of dirt came out of it even though it looked in very good condition

CosKev

My m8 is a valeter,and he said steam cleaning is the best by far if the carpets out of the car :)

Galifrey
My m8 is a valeter,and he said steam cleaning is the best by far if the carpets out of the car :)

I would be wary of steam cleaning out of the car, it may lose its shape

CosKev
I would be wary of steam cleaning out of the car, it may lose its shape

Did mine out of my 309,was spot on :D

Gentry_Ba

Hi!

I cleaned my red carpet for my restauration project with the TORNADOR. I think, he is available not only in germany.

just google.

the result is very nice- I was amazed.

before:

CIMG5978.JPG

after:

CIMG5992.JPG

I have to say that the cam is not the best one... before there was many black oil on the carpet- in the edges, near the steering axle, etc.

After: ALL dirt was gone- not the smallest dirt was there yet!

After the action with the tornador, I took it home and putted it in the bath-tub, to give it a good warm wash with bath shower... :D

the result is absolutely ok, I think.

cheers,

matthias

Atari Boy

Thanks for the comments, I will get to work with the carpet shampoo machine and jet wash.

stufarri
Thanks for the comments, I will get to work with the carpet shampoo machine and jet wash.

Jet wash only should be fine - my red CTI carpet came up well after 10 mins with a little soap and cold water jet wash. Just takes ages to dry - even more so this time of year.

Henry Yorke

They cannot lose their shape unless you over heat them. The backing on them is plastic so they will not shrink

205*31*

restoring an old thread :(

My gti carpet is in need of a good clean was a road rally car so you can imagine. I have bucket seats in and someone has fabricated a subframe for them there are 4 screws holding seats on and will be an absolute ass to get them out, so I am hoping to leave carpet in and clean it, any suggestions? :lol:

cheers.

Simes
restoring an old thread :)

My gti carpet is in need of a good clean was a road rally car so you can imagine. I have bucket seats in and someone has fabricated a subframe for them there are 4 screws holding seats on and will be an absolute ass to get them out, so I am hoping to leave carpet in and clean it, any suggestions? :)

cheers.

Cleaning it in the car will be an arse. You'll want to do it in the driest way - Ie with a foam cleaner or carpet steam cleaner. The carpet is rubber backed so you shouldn't get any leaking through. Remember though below it is rubber covered thick (sponge) underlay and the floor getting water between these two will be annoying.

I'd personally try to get the seats out and hose the carpet out as normal.

Henry Yorke

Get one of those Rug Doctors from Homebase and try that. They squirt water into the carpet and then suck it out.

dale205mills

I have a mate ho works for A plant, which hires out stuff and he brought home a karcher wet vac home and it made my seats and car pet look like this :)

moreGolfGTIvs205276.jpg

moreGolfGTIvs205310.jpg