Welcome to the brand new 205GTIDrivers.com website! We hope you'll enjoy it! Read the full notice here.

• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

opticaltrigger

[race_prep] Turbo Hill Climb Project

opticaltrigger

A happy new year to all.....

Well, festivities all out the way now I finally managed to get over to the car a few days back and take a few update photos of things.

I mentioned most of them above so I won't babble on to much this time.

Slowly but surely it's all coming together now though.

All the very best guy's

O.T.

IMG_1708.jpg

IMG_1709.jpg

IMG_1706.jpg

IMG_1707.jpg

IMG_1710.jpg

IMG_1711.jpg

And

Looking good. Just a small note tho oil coolers don't work well that way up they trap air /air lock that way up as how they work they can't push it out of the top rows they work best stud up fed bottom to top think it is or both at the top at worst.

Edited by And
  • Like 2

welshpug

oem's mount them pipes top.

• Like 1

wicked

I would rotate the oil cooler as well; pipes top.

Will you be able to fit a front valance over that intercooler? Seems to stick out a bit.

• Like 1

tdr_1976

Looking Great mate. Mint Job! :)

• Like 1

mmt

Great car!

Where did you get those "Michelin" stickers from?

• Like 1

opticaltrigger

Hi gents,and many thanks to you all for the support and comments.

That cooler is going to be in the other way round when the pipe arrives.The valance is the same as it always was wicked.But looking at it again,I see what you mean in the pictures it looks very forward but it is the same.The oil cooler fits in very nicely behind it to.

I think those Michelin stickers came in a kit of stickers that Rich got for it a while back mmt. From memory though,I seem to remember that he wasn't happy with the quality of some of them in that kit though and it took him ages to get them delivered as well. ebay I think,is where they were sourced from.

Anyway,thanks again guy's.

All the very best

O.T.

opticaltrigger

Hi all out there on the forum,

It's been a very long time since I was last active on the forum but it does feel good to be back.

I see there's been some big changes to, the place has had a big face lift, looks great. Feel totally lost though.

Since Iv'e been away Iv'e noticed that photobucket has closed my account and all my photo's have gone. Shame......... 

Iv'e still got most of them doted around on various computers but out of interest, how do I load pictures from now on?.. I have no idea.

Anyway as a bit of a car update for anyone that's interested.

It's still here, and after getting one two years now we have picked up the tools again and brought it back out of safe keeping to get it finished off.

As things stand, as of last weekend that is. 

We calibrated and installed a new wideband sensor and I powered up Megasquirt and loaded the latest firmware package and map.

It basically needs fluids and we can try a fire up of this new engine.

I'm going to try and grab some pictures of it at the weekend as it stands now. So if anyone could point me as to how I get them up now that would be great.

Well it's really great to be back guy's, Iv'e really missed it here.

All the very best

O.T.

petert

Hi, just drop the files in the area below where you type text. There is a paper clip there. It's always more efficient if you resize your phone pics down to 1200x900 pixels (approx).