• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
davey205

1.6 8v Never Thrashed Hard Life Expectancy

davey205

just wondering how long they are expected to go on for without a rebuild mine has never been thrashed and is approaching 80k anyone with one thats been wrapped up in cotton wool and has a high mileage without rebuild, whats the record here :) ?

Baz

Mine has done 162+k now, stem seals are a little worn by the seems of it, but still going strong. Got it on about 145k.

Another is on 188k, believe it to have had the original engine, HG went last year so has been replaced with another engine.

Baz

Generally they last around 80k until then need a head rebuild at least it's thought. It all depends more on frequence and how they're used.

omega

think it depeneds more on what oil you use and how often you change it

Miles

My GTi6 has 256,000 on it now, All orginal as well.

It's used hard too

davey205

doh, re head rebuild :-( approaching 80 k myself and previous 1 owner from new always used magnatec he was fastidious and changed every 3000 or so miles, im a bit more layed back and do every 5000, i know they are quite a strong little engine i just want to keep it going till it dies, then maybe get a vtr engine or something im quite happy with the performance and like the 205 mainly for its looks so wouldn't make use of the really powerful engines anyway.

flipperthebushkangaroo

160k for mine its been fairly well used all its life only had valve stem oil seals at around 95k then head replaced at 150k (too corroded to skim when gasket became wet). As mentioned above is been regularly serviced but had a couple of poor years while out of my care B)

damien

188k at the moment, she was happy going round on the euro trip.

she does burn a little oil tho.

im planning on changing the engine for a nicely rebuild t/b gti6 lump when she hits 200k

Sign in to follow this