• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

thirdtimelucky

[car_upgrade] 205 Gets An Extra 2 Cylinders

thirdtimelucky

How little sump and downpipe clearance have you got with the front of the car running that low though?

Not enough for the crappy uneven roads that seem to be every where nowadays, I'll put a set of coil-overs on when I'm feeling flush again, lift it up a bit.

Alastairh

Looks spot on! Well done. Looking forward to seeing it at Prescott!

Miles

Be good to know what you think of the Fuel usage, As I managed to get 370 miles on a tank (309) which is around 70 better than in my 406 and that wasn;t hanging around either

StuF215

Good job there sir, a nice and neat job

thirdtimelucky

Done a 1000 miles with no real dramas bar a hole in the cv boot and the exhaust down pipe has nearly worn through.

With pugfest coming up I started work on the bodywork, it's had a really bad paint job in the past, looked like someone had pored orange paint over the roof and used the body kit as dam for the runs they hadn't even removed the washer jets or side repeaters. I removed all the crap orange paint and repaired a couple of small dents then gave it a couple of coats of 2k high build primer. A mate's letting me use his spray oven Saturday so I can get some colour on it in dust free conditions.

A few work in progress photos.

IMAG0272.jpg

IMAG0271.jpg

IMAG0273.jpg

IMAG0270.jpg

IMAG0274.jpg

IMAG0278.jpg

thirdtimelucky

Got some colour on it this morning, there's something satisfying watching the bodywork change from patchy primer to shiny red.

Going to start refitting the trim tomorrow ready for next weekend.

IMAG0279.jpg

IMAG0280.jpg

IMAG0284.jpg

layton1985

Sorry to dig up an old thread but what did you do regards the downpipes in the end? Did you go custom or stick with factory exhaust?

Could you please put up some wiring numbers or diagrams please?

Thanks Lee

dcc

downpipes need very little fabrications, as they fit seemingly like a mi/gti6 conversion, a slight tweak where required.

thirdtimelucky

I've not been too good at keeping this thread up to date so here's how it looks now.

I haven't done much to it since pugfest back in July apart from drive it, I've done over 3000 faultless miles in it now and enjoyed every mile. It makes a very nice road going 205, plenty enough power to embarrass most of the "wide boys" that think they can have an old 205, not just off the lights but from motorway speeds as well. It also makes a good daily driver, not at all harsh and can return 35 plus mpg if your easy on the loud pedal. The hydraulic clutch was well worth doing, I am going to put power steering on because as a daily driver its a bit too heavy parking.

I have a few things to do before its finished, the tachometer needs wiring up and I'd like to put some phase 2 seats in. The engine bay needs some finishing touches but overall I'm very happy with how it turned out.

It's been tucked up in the corner of the workshop for the winter, I'll finish off all the little bits in the new year ready to sell it in the spring to fund other projects.

IMAG0408.jpg

IMAG0407.jpg

IMAG0409.jpg

IMAG0415.jpg

This is the project that the sale of the V6 will fund, My 4wd

22022009211.jpg

jackherer

I'd like to put some phase 2 seats in.

What condition are the phase 1.5 seats you have in? I've got a set of p2 half leathers in very good condition that I want to swap for an equally good set of p1.5s.

thirdtimelucky

They'er not bad, I'll take some photos tomorrow and post them up.

Daviewonder

Did your stickers arrive ok Paul? Did you get round to fitting them yet?

:)

thirdtimelucky

Stickers have arrived thanks Dave, they look really good. I want to spray the slam panel before I stick them on.

Have you got many sets left, could do with a set for the 4wd :D

mechanicalrepairs

Bit of a thread bump. Brilliant read, are you still using the car?

Carl