• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
AJPMIKE

Window Support Runners Rusted

AJPMIKE

On to my next little 'issue' to sort out.I've found that the reason my passenger window winder(electric)mechanism has become detached from the window is that one of the two runner supports which is usually attached to the bottom edge of the screen has rusted to bits! Presumably you can still get new ones?,but what do you use to attach them to the base of the window?Couldnt find anything in the search.Cheers,Mike

pug_ham

The runners are held onto the window glass with rubber strips iirc & just a tight push fit.

post-71-1242951887_thumb.jpg

• 9214 30 01 WINDOW CHANNEL LEFT
  • 9214 31 01 RIGHT

Graham.

AJPMIKE

Thanks very much graham,very helpful :P

CaptainP

Quite a straight forward job too AJP, I've done it a few times on 3 seperate 205's. The trickiest part is removing the glass from runner. As Graham says they are held in with tight rubber and sometimes some type of bonding. I used a block of wood and gently tapped it off.

dicky20014

Did this not so long ago myself! got the parts direct from peugeot, wernt too expensive either ;)

AJPMIKE
Did this not so long ago myself! got the parts direct from peugeot, wernt too expensive either :angry:

i bought the parts,both the metal runner/support and the rubber strip for a grand total of £18 inc vat from my local Peugeot dealer who had them on the shelf ;) I shall be fitting it up tomorrow.

Whats the best method for getting the winder mechanism back in the runners-it looks like a real fiddle!!

Edited by AJPMIKE

pug_ham
Whats the best method for getting the winder mechanism back in the runners-it looks like a real fiddle!!

IIRC with the interior door panel off its not to bad & you can see where the guides are with the winder mid travel & hook one end on first then move the handle to pick up the other one.

Not that hard really.

Graham.

AJPMIKE

Just got around to doing this today.I found it really tight to get the new winder support onto the window glass,and even when i'd done the best i could it wasnt on perfectly,but wasnt going to move either! As for getting the winder mechanism back in the support channels i did find it difficult.

What i found out in the end was that it easily fitted when i unfastened the vertical guide channel near the door hinge end,then moved the mechanism down to the bottom of the door,and slid it into the window support channels in this position.Then you can replace the virtical channel onto the glass edge and secure it with the screen in the channels properly mounted.If only i'd realised just how easy it was before i'd taken several bits of skin off my hands trying to do it the hard way B)

CosKev

Good thread this :lol:

Noticed on my old 309 how badly rusted they were when the bus smashed my drivers side window in :(

Might change them on my new one before I fit the doorcards :(

Are the new ones galvanised or protected at all,or just bare metal?????? :)

pug_ham
Are the new ones galvanised or protected at all,or just bare metal?????? :D

I'd expect them to be galvanised like the originals.

Graham.

AJPMIKE

They are coated with some kind of galv/zinc type protection :(

CosKev
I'd expect them to be galvanised like the originals.

Graham.

They are coated with some kind of galv/zinc type protection :)

Ok,ta.

Wasn't sure if originals were galvanised or not looking at how rusty they go!!!! <_<