• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
yeti-dj

Unlocking A Gti-6 Ecu

Anthony

Probably the alarm is going off, but the siren is broken - seen a couple of 306 do that. Lock and unlock it, and chances are it'll be fine :ph34r:

[L'e$kro]

What about unlocking the ECU directly on the ECU itself?

Any clue on how to do this?

I guess we would need to remove the eeprom from the ECU board, then use a proper hardware reader/writer, with appropriate software?

I guess we could find cheap tools on ebay for this

Any clue about how to do it?

Regards,

Nicolas

[L'e$kro]

Hello

Anybody has any suggestions about this?

Where in the ECU is located the immobilizer code?

I cut off the eprom from a locked ECU, and will insert a socket instead. Do you think that if I load a gti-6 bin on a blank eprom it may be enough?

If you have any inputs about this, please let me know!

Nicolas

sub205
' date='Oct 6 2009, 03:18 PM' post='994552']

Hello

Anybody has any suggestions about this?

Where in the ECU is located the immobilizer code?

I cut off the eprom from a locked ECU, and will insert a socket instead. Do you think that if I load a gti-6 bin on a blank eprom it may be enough?

If you have any inputs about this, please let me know!

Nicolas

nope, the code is in an eeprom, small 8pinned device sitting somewhere (possible near the cpu) on the board.

you can also try to disassemble the rom and change the immo-check-routine with some NOPs. but thats more advanced stuff.

[L'e$kro]
nope, the code is in an eeprom, small 8pinned device sitting somewhere (possible near the cpu) on the board.

you can also try to disassemble the rom and change the immo-check-routine with some NOPs. but thats more advanced stuff.

Thanks for your reply

Tough, it would have been too easy then!

I'll try to locate this small eprom and check what standard is used

I've heard about a way to unlock the ECU without having the car, but can't find any infos on this. As people who have the knowledge and skills to do it often make money with it, very few infos are available, or I just do know what to look for perhaps... I wish there were as much interest as for videogame modchips :lol:

Nicolas

Edited by [L'e$kro]