• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
bouver

Cti Power Roof Relay

bouver

Hi everyone.

I have a problem with the power roof not working on my CTI. I have narrowed the problem down to a faulty relay, thing is I cant find it!

It does not seem to be in the fuseboard.

Can anyone tell me where it is?

Kind regards, Simon

M@tt

i'm pretty sure its located where the ram and pump are in the rear quarter/boot area

Henry Yorke

Yes i is in th boot with the rams AFAIK. Are you sure this is not just your earth from your switch is faulty? I bypassed mine so it works even with the engine running. Incase you didn't know, the power hood will only work if the stop light is illuminated on the dash. If this bulb blows, your roof stops working.

Here is a diagram on how I bypassed it. (yes I know it is a safety feature that I have bypassed!!)

post-3457-1240017627_thumb.jpg

Paulmac19

i like that must get around to doing this on mine

thats this will come in handy

Dariooo

hi

I have the some problem, my electric roof doesen't work.

The Stop light it's iluminated when the engin not run. So on the wire (in the middle of the switch on dash) must have an earth?

I have check the relay, they are ok.....The Switch on the dash work....If I conect an electrical motor directly on battery it work...

I have look on the two wire which comes on two relay (brown and white). The two wire are a power supply for an electrical motor....and they are "death"....

From where come this supply? What can I check? Somebody can help me?

My car it's a 205 1.4 Roland Garros....

Thank you

Henry Yorke

The relay must be be somewhere in or around the fusebox if anywhere as I have never seen it in the boot. Also why would you run power all the way to the boot, only to then operate it on a relay one it got there.

Dariooo

The relays for the roof are in rear left side on the car...but they need power supply to switch it on the electric motor for a hood....

Dariooo

I have also a problem with a horn. It's maybe connected? Where it's a fuse for electric roof? From where comes a power supply for electric motor? from fuseboard??

Thank you

Dariooo

Nobody can help me? Have somebody hot some wiring diagram for electric roof? :blink:

ds2000

It is connected. Check the 2nd relay from the right to the left  on the main fuse box.