• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
xclusive964

205tt Won't Tickover

xclusive964

Hi Guys , got my engine to start but won't tick over runs ok for about 10 secs then just dies ,bit supicious of tps any idea what sort of readings i should see ie closed throttle and fully open , emerald management , regards steve

Mark205

Have you checked the fuel system, it could be the pump, sounds like fuel.

xclusive964
Have you checked the fuel system, it could be the pump, sounds like fuel.

can here pump prime and deffo got fuel on start up ,will check to see if pump maintains power ,thx for reply

xclusive964
can here pump prime and deffo got fuel on start up ,will check to see if pump maintains power ,thx for reply

Checked tps for resistance today there isn't any at all closed or wide open throttle am i missing something ori s it fubbered ? checked wires from ecu to tps and they are ok continuity on all 3 got car to tick over nicely now but soon as touch throttle just stalls :-(

Edited by xclusive964

Tom Fenton

Plug your laptop in and then on the software in Live Measurements you should be able to see the throttle position change if all is working. You also need to calibrate the TPS if you haven't already done this.

xclusive964
Plug your laptop in and then on the software in Live Measurements you should be able to see the throttle position change if all is working. You also need to calibrate the TPS if you haven't already done this.

Yes done that won't calibrate and shows 0 percent on live screen irrespective of throttle position , thx for your input

Tom Fenton

Sounds like a dead TPS then. To test it measure resistance between two of the terminals, do each pair in turn, whilst sweeping the sensor. You should see the resistance change.

xclusive964
Sounds like a dead TPS then. To test it measure resistance between two of the terminals, do each pair in turn, whilst sweeping the sensor. You should see the resistance change.

must be a dead one got no resistance at all when i tried that , i'll get onto emerald on monday see if i can have replacement thanks again for reply