• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
supersub14

Is Standard Ride Height 330mm?

taylorspug

Id be very careful, when i originally bought my car someone had been running large/incorrect offset wheels on it with a 309 beam, they had hit the metal arch and done a damn good job of peeling the 3/4 panel off of the inner arch, ruined it tbh and was only sorted when i replaced the whole panel.

Henry Yorke

Here is the bet pic I can find with the wheels on a 205 beam. Dan is spot on that if you catch the outside on the metal arch it will ripple the panel above. I think mine may have some slight ripples on it as it is a bit too low but only noticable when highly polished and only because I know there were no dents in it anywhere before I had it painted!

post-3457-1239498401_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

taylorspug

The rippling is a pain, mine has a load on it now, mainly due to shell flex i think. Mine was the same, immaculate when it was painted but its been used hard for 4 years so i cant expect much more from it. I will seam weld the next one...

Rom

Stop talking

Your making me sad ;)

Not sure if hes painted the wheels yet, i know theyve bene blasted. Might get him to hold off, till i have the kit on etc. After just over £3k respray, i dont wanna go bending anything !

Kingswood

what's 12 years between friends! refreshing an old thread but similar issue.

had an imaxle fitted and its riding to high. measuring 340 bolt to bolt iirc. garage is going to re-set the ride height to 330 and hopefully will drop down.

IMG_5897.HEIC

IMG_5895.HEIC

IMG_5894 2.HEIC

IMG_5893 2.HEIC

jord294
1 hour ago, Kingswood said:

what's 12 years between friends! refreshing an old thread but similar issue.

had an imaxle fitted and its riding to high. measuring 340 bolt to bolt iirc. garage is going to re-set the ride height to 330 and hopefully will drop down.

IMG_5897.HEIC

IMG_5895.HEIC

IMG_5894 2.HEIC

IMG_5893 2.HEIC

Imaxle oh dear. So many people have poor axles, set wrong and built wrong. Check thickness of bars and if using std height on original front springs then set at 326mm between shocker holes

Kingswood
16 hours ago, jord294 said:

Imaxle oh dear. So many people have poor axles, set wrong and built wrong. Check thickness of bars and if using std height on original front springs then set at 326mm between shocker holes

I know, pay cheap and pay twice.

thanks, will be re-setting the height soon and will aim for about 325. standard front springs and just want the car to look stock.