• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
steve@cornwall

"hockey Stick" Retaining Bolts

steve@cornwall

I think I'll need a pair of new hockeystick bolts that retain the intermediate bearing on the o/s driveshaft, but what is their proper name so I don't seem a right prat when I order them?

Now for the problem. They are not retaining the bearing - slightest bit of decent acceleration and the bearing pulls out and I loose drive :) They appear to be bent , possibly from being over tightened? anyone else had this?

Mark205

Don't suppose this is any help, but i drove my xs for well over 2000 miles until i noticed i hadn't got them two bolts in.

I might have a set spare, i will have a look for you tomorrow.

Matteo

Maybe they are bent because not in the correct position when the guy was pushing (with the big hammer) the driveshaft and the bearing out of the gearbox :(

steve@cornwall
Maybe they are bent because not in the correct position when the guy was pushing (with the big hammer) the driveshaft and the bearing out of the gearbox :(

Cheers, Mark 205!

Matteo - I also needed the rear mount from the old engine,so the driveshaft was split and the inner shaft and mount were removed and re-used, so no big hammer.

Goliath

I can send you a couple if you want some. Let me know.

steve@cornwall
I can send you a couple if you want some. Let me know.

Many thanks to Mark205 and Goliath for their kind offers, I managed to find a couple of straight ones at the bottom of a tool box :mellow: Must now try and get this done for the meet on Sunday (and a few other, annoying bits)

Baz

they do bend when over-tightened i've found.

dcc

wouldnt have thought that they would cause you to lose drive though, would have to pop out some 20-30mm for them to cause loss of drive would it not?

steve@cornwall
wouldnt have thought that they would cause you to lose drive though, would have to pop out some 20-30mm for them to cause loss of drive would it not?

Believe me, you do lose drive (up hill whilst overtaking, too) I wonder if this explains the springs in some inner CVs? Mine doesn't have a spring so 20 - 30 mm movement in the CV is easy.

I will not be overtightening again

M_R_205

iv seen loads of them bent on old 205`s bit of a bodge but i just clamp them up in a vice and tap them straight again, clean the threads and loctite them back on.

My old xs lost drive in th emidle of sunerland because the bolts were comleatly missing, it took about 5-6 months for this to hapen though!

Paul.

slobberingant

Does anybody know what the nuts that go on the end of these retaining bolts are?

Somebody told me from one glance that they are M7 but I'm hoping that they are wrong as M7 is very difficult to find.

I called peugeot and they want $7.50AUD (4.30GBP) (Part Number: 329735). I don't want to pay that as a matter of principle...

slobberingant
They are indeed M7.

Oh that brings a tear to my eye. Peugeot wins again...

Thanks for the fast response btw.

Tom Fenton

Look on ebay for M7 nuts. I can't say for Oz, but over here they can be bought for less than Peugeot would want.

Sign in to follow this