• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
djinuk

How Low For A 205

djinuk

Currently my 205 is very low, if not to low, its 2 splines on the rear so around 65mm i think , and lowered on the front with avo coilovers to suit. I am looking at raising the car some what but im not sure what would be best.

I quite like the stand of this , how low is that would you think.

shiny_05.jpg

Goliath

EDIT: Im a dumbass and didn't read it properly, ignore me ;)

Edited by Goliath

djinuk

no no no , sorry i cant take credit for that amazing pug. sorry thats not a photo of mine , although mine is white, thats a photo of espens (shinys) but id like to know how low that sits as i very much like that stance. Sorry about that confusion there. lol

pugdamo

Hi mate i would go for 40mm on the front and one spline on the back,will look like this,

01112008089.jpg

01112008092.jpg

djinuk

currently this is how mine is sat

orangewheel2.jpg

aghhh its anoying i love having a low car but i know realistically it needs be to higher ;)

I like the stance of yours damo but would like it that tad lower i think

Batfink

shiny's is at least -50mm

good for track and european roads, but not good over here

timmsy19

yeah mines same high as Espens i think about 50mm, it sits a tad lower at back than the front. ideally it needs to come back up. doesnt really scrub even with 309 beam on but it will if i hit a dip or big bump in the road

th_3272977584_b77660bb5b_o.jpg

Damo what exhaust is that you got?

Edited by pugtorque
Image filesize, click thumbnail for sull size.

pugdamo
Damo what exhaust is that you got?

Its stainless from downpipe back with a inward rolled 3inch tip

Djinuk i know what you mean about it being that bit lower i fitted my Spax the other day and they came all built up springs and strutt tops on(got them 2nd hand),so i stuck them straight on and it was decked,looked good but i had to put my old springs back on,i got a Megane splitter on now and i couldnt even get my foot under the valence,oops.

pug_ham

Espen has done some modifications to his shell iirc to allow his car to sit that low without changing the suspension geometry by simply lowering it that far.

Graham.

aCe

i got mine lowered 2 splines at the back and about 55mm at the front- It's HORRID! Think 40 alround is nice compromise

djinuk

sweet thank you very much , well im certainly going to raise it anyway :o, just to add at the moment my wishbones are at a negative angle, guessing that does not have good effects on the handling of the car.

Edited by djinuk

shalmaneser
Hi mate i would go for 40mm on the front and one spline on the back,will look like this,

01112008089.jpg

01112008092.jpg

Mmmm, that looks perfect. Can't wait to get the Gaz stuff on my car and lower the beam :o

As far as the rear beam goes, presumably you're still on the standard rear torsion bars? How do you find the handling with stiff lowering springs on the front and standard bars on the back?