• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest joerigby2000

Twin Headlight Conversion

Guest joerigby2000

Im carrying out a twin headlight conversion on my 1.9 gti. the front headlights take up the place of the original indicators so I need to purchase some new ones, preferrably some small indicators that still pass an MOT. Trouble is i cant find what other people have done in this situation and exactly where to fit them without causing too much work! Can anyone point me in the right direction, or better, tell me where to get some smart looking front indicators.

Thanks

Joe

platty

Clicky :)

Just type '+morrette +indicators' into the search function. Worthwile getting used to the search function, as most things have been covered at some point.

Welcome to the site:)

Edited by platty

Henry Yorke

I have seen a few people fit side repeaters into the front bumper. Some look ok, some don't. IMHO, you need a square design as opposed to a round blister type one.

I am not sure if it is legal to fit flashing orange bulbs into the side of the front fogs but that would certainly work. Maybe some of these new fangled LED light combinations would allow something discrete?

cybernck
I am not sure if it is legal to fit flashing orange bulbs into the side of the front fogs but that would certainly work.

Alfa 147 has fogs and indicators in a lower valance, which imho *should* be illegal.

welshpug

as does the Citroen XM :D though they are in a separate lens/reflector.

cybernck

that's the same idea i've come up with, when using a St. Tropez front valance and full-sized Morettes :D.

C_W

I think the original Morrette kits came with rectangular indicators similar to those fitted to mk2 Golfs to be fitted in the bumper.

Alfa 147 has fogs and indicators in a lower valance, which imho *should* be illegal.

I think it's all to do with the height off the floor. Rover 75s are quite low in the bumper too. I know what you mean about combining lights though - I was behind a new Golf(?) that has the indicator inside the brake light - I couldn't SEE the indicator whilst they were braking as it blinds the indicator!!

Guest joerigby2000
Clicky :D

Just type '+morrette +indicators' into the search function. Worthwile getting used to the search function, as most things have been covered at some point.

Welcome to the site:)

Hey thanks guys, ill take a look and let you know how i get on. Im finally getting round to finishing my mi16 conversion - hopefully for the summer!

pugdamo

Seen a 205 a while ago with a pheonix front bumper and the outer spot lamp was the indicator and the inner was the spot lamp,looked good as it didnt have any indicator grafted into the bumper. You could try drilling a hole and put an amber bulb in the spot lamp so you got the spot lamp and indicator in the same light

cybernck

C_W> yeah it's like that on the new Passats in particular.