• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
TaffyTim

Car Cover

TaffyTim

Ive recently got a reliable car :) and am only using the 205 on occasional jaunts into the new forest.

Its sat outside in the elements getting dirty for no good reason so I was thinking of putting something over it to keep it cleanish and protect it from the elements.

Can anyone recommend a car cover and where i can get one from.

Ta

Tim

Rom

I looked into getting a cover recently. As my car is being resprayed.

I struggled to find a tailored cover. Most were only part tailored. I gues sit depends on how you value your paint.

If there left to flap against the paint they can cause damage. If there not breathable, they can cause damage.

If you put them on a dirty car they can scratch the paint. Etc etc. Not so important if its long term storage. But mine was going to be used regularly. So cant wash it and dry it everytime.

I was looking at 2 sites mainly... This one and this one.

First seem to do very good quality. But nothing tailored for 205. Second do semi tailored, which i think is just like small med large.

If you havent just spent a small fortune on paint... youll probably be fine. But on virgin paint i dont want to risk it really.

TaffyTim

Thanks Rom thats a great help.

I do want to look after the paint to a certain degree but I think this will be ok.

Its something i didnt think of though so a very useful point.

Ta

Tim

Miles

From experance 'don;t' as without the wind blowing around the car you'll end up with mold and condensation inside

EdCherry

And unless clean as per said with some sort of soft lining it will scratch/swirl your paintwork.

Rom

Ill mention....the first site are hundreds !!

Second is 100-150 ish.

Apparently there breathable, so shouldnt get condensation probelms, as what ever builds up should evaporate. Im talking about top end covers, that are used on ferarris etc. Obviously cheap stuff probably will have problems.

Its a shame, as i like the idea...but the practicalities of it dont suit me :)