• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Tjalde^

Turn Oil Cooler Off?

Tjalde^

Hello

My car has just been driving for more than half an hour. Still the oil temperature is 1 or 2 mm from the lowest on the display.

That made me think if I could turn the oil cooler off? I live in Denmark and these months is pretty cold.

In the summer I believe it is good to have the oil cooler turned on.

Hope to get some good answers :P

Just a fast question - what is the right temperature on oil and water?

welshpug

bottom right is coolant, top right is oil yes.

PICT0089-1.jpg

Easiest thing to do is to cover the oil cooler up in the winter.

marksorrento205

Welshpugs spot on, blank the oil cooler. The other way is to remove it, but thats the pipes, cooler, takeoff sandwich plate etc. Much easier to blank it. Mine runs either below or above the 90 degree mark, on welshpug's picture, depending if im ragging it or not.

Edited by marksorrento205

Tjalde^

welshpug: Yes, I know that. The temperatures on the picture can not be the right temperatures? Or what? And how can i cover it op in the best way? :)

marksorrento205: What is the absolute maximum oil temperature?

Mikey S
welshpug: Yes, I know that. The temperatures on the picture can not be the right temperatures? Or what? And how can i cover it op in the best way? :)

marksorrento205: What is the absolute maximum oil temperature?

just a piece of plastic cut to the shape of cooler will suffice. dont use cardboard though, as its terrible to remove if it gets wet.

mike

edit, absolute maximum should be around 120c. my old 8 valve would show that on a track in the middle of summer without an oil cooler fitted (1.6).

Edited by pugger

welshpug

yes, the picture is from the Peugeot 205 official handbook, the one found in the glovebox!

Tjalde^

Okay, thank you very much :)

Sign in to follow this