• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest p whack

6 Speed Box On 1.9 Mi16 Engine?

Guest p whack

is this possible to do? also will this engine and loom fit easily into a 306?? as i am thinking of putting one in

Miles

Yes it's a BE box, Engine will fit the 306 but you might get the reverse of fitting the Iron block engine in the 205 with subframe clearance issue's with the exhaust

weejimmy

and for a road car you need a cat for mot which mi dosent run with.

or not easily

i think

Guest p whack
Yes it's a BE box, Engine will fit the 306 but you might get the reverse of fitting the Iron block engine in the 205 with subframe clearance issue's with the exhaust

do you mean their will not be enough space? what does the standard manifold look like? is it a cast iron tiem? should be able to sort a cat out as i have one already and i am getting a custom exhaust made for it

weejimmy

i mean as far as im aware the alloy mi16 never came with a cat so can not run properly with one in place.

mite be wrong but worth looking into.

but for a 306 id go gti-6 any way

Bakes100

If your fitting an engine from a pre-cat car and you have evidence of it you will not need to have a cat emissions test for the mot :).

Miles

The engine's run fine with a CAT, just need a ECU mapped to suit, But as said if you can prove the age of the engine there is no need for a CAT

The manifold is a 8 branch steel one, not cast as on most car's, The only way to see if it will fit is try it

taylorspug

Late alloy block MIs did come with a CAT, ive taken a DFW engine out of a CAT equipped 405 before. :)

Sign in to follow this