• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Atters

[project] Tora Tora Tora 309

Joe-Tait

Nice love the shell work and proper cage

keep the updates coming

Loose Hand Luke

This is fantastic!

Only the other day I was looking in the front of my mates CTR and saying "Hey, I think your K20 would fit in my 205..."

You're living the dream mate! Looking forward to seeing more. :)

Sandy

It's really coming along now. Atters has taken some time off to get it finished, currently making the loom.

dandanger

love it!! A vtec in a 309 the ultimate slag!!!

ravydavy
This is fantastic!

Only the other day I was looking in the front of my mates CTR and saying "Hey, I think your K20 would fit in my 205..."

You're living the dream mate! Looking forward to seeing more. :(

photo2pt.th.jpg

The K20 most certainly fits easy. What a lovely little screamer.

David

Loose Hand Luke
photo2pt.th.jpg

The K20 most certainly fits easy. What a lovely little screamer.

David

wow! Anyone know what kind a job sorting driveshafts is for this conversion?

Madly tempted by this now!

I guess its great now Honda have a made an engine the right way round so it can be plonked into other cars... :wub:

I nearly got a B16 engine to fit a year ago, but the exhaust and driveshaft angles were a right nightmare! So I gave up. What a quitter B)

ravydavy
wow! Anyone know what kind a job sorting driveshafts is for this conversion?

Madly tempted by this now!

I guess its great now Honda have a made an engine the right way round so it can be plonked into other cars... :(

I nearly got a B16 engine to fit a year ago, but the exhaust and driveshaft angles were a right nightmare! So I gave up. What a quitter :(

I think mine cost just over 300 quid. but they were brand new. Not weld together jobbies. and they are perfect. Never had a second trouble with this conversion apart from the alternator belt was too short and shredded a little pulling the crank sensor off. A great engine with no messing around straight out of the box throwing large amounts of money at it kinda thing. I don't know if this is true or not but apparently the b18c5 engine out of the old dc2 integra runs in reverse thus throwing the front down on acceleration giving better grip. Could be wrong but just someone told me.

David..

Loose Hand Luke

Not sure about that either Dave. All my B series and D series engines ran the wrong way to mount onto a pug box.

Don't happen to know the finished length of a shaft needed for a 205 do you mate?

fast_eddie

Love this project and its good to see another 309 'nearly' finished

More bigger pics would be great!

Good luck :D

Rich_p

When using the B series motor can the honda box not be kept?

Great thread by the way and I would love to see some more pics of both the engine bay and body too.

Loose Hand Luke
When using the B series motor can the honda box not be kept?

Without high-jacking this thread B) Yeah you have to keep the honda box with the engine, but I found it needed way more work to get it to fit in the 205 bay than I thought it would because the engines are backwards compared to standard.

I gave up, but I'm sure someone else is better qualified than me to answer that... B)

ravydavy
Without high-jacking this thread :P Yeah you have to keep the honda box with the engine, but I found it needed way more work to get it to fit in the 205 bay than I thought it would because the engines are backwards compared to standard.

I gave up, but I'm sure someone else is better qualified than me to answer that... :D

Stickz.

my friend puts the old integra type r engine in the old mini. Along with all the old honda vtec engines that go in reverse. So i'm sure putting it into a 205 is easy. The k20a fitted into mine easy. I could swing a cat in the engine bay. Only problem with the old engines is the inlet is at the back and the exhaust at the front. Ive not fitted the old type into a 205 cause the new integra engine is far superior so thats why i went for that. I went down the road of the mi16 and put a fair bit of money into it only to get little results and too many negatives.

GLPoomobile

Ravydavy - did you do the K20A conversion yourself or get someone else to do it? Looking to the long term future of my 205 I'm seriously considering going down this route as the Mi16 won't last forever.

Loose Hand Luke
Stickz.

my friend puts the old integra type r engine in the old mini. Along with all the old honda vtec engines that go in reverse. So i'm sure putting it into a 205 is easy. The k20a fitted into mine easy. I could swing a cat in the engine bay. Only problem with the old engines is the inlet is at the back and the exhaust at the front. Ive not fitted the old type into a 205 cause the new integra engine is far superior so thats why i went for that. I went down the road of the mi16 and put a fair bit of money into it only to get little results and too many negatives.

Yeah, I got the B16 into the bay and started on the mounts, but I needed to make up a whole new exhaust and gear change linkages as they both tried to go through the subframe and steering rack.

It seemed like so much of a ball ache just to get it in, when the K20 is the same way round as an XU engine, has the flexible gear linkages and the exhaust just passes over the top of everything.

I think, and this might be slander, but the K20 may just be the new Mi16 engine conversion... :)

stefan

I hope so :).

Never seen one over here, but I intend to see it in my 205.

Does anyone know any links to some 205 k20 videos?

Bally

I'm running K20 on Xu gearbox and axles with no issue. Car has not been cut and all mounts are original. I can replace it with pug engine in 15minutes.

29443_1487962116995_1172200206_31415442_1716302_n.jpg

Loose Hand Luke
I'm running K20 on Xu gearbox and axles with no issue. Car has not been cut and all mounts are original. I can replace it with pug engine in 15minutes.

Bally that's brilliant! What clutch/flywheel do you use on that? Is the engine upright or tilted like the XU?

black lad

29443_1487962116995_1172200206_31415442_1716302_n.jpg

tell us more....all these k20 conversions are very interesting

Edited by black lad

Ben_M

A friend of mine has a K20 in a honda EG6 shell all stripped! Minor mods held the engine to see 234BHP on RR. The car leaves my 205 GTI-6 for DEAD!

I also have a Evo 9 MR FQ 360 and this honda will be like for like with my Evo until 140 Mph then I finally pass it!

ravydavy
Ravydavy - did you do the K20A conversion yourself or get someone else to do it? Looking to the long term future of my 205 I'm seriously considering going down this route as the Mi16 won't last forever.

Sorry about the late reply. No i didn't do it watson rally did it. if you look at mine though there is nothing to it. Slips straight in.

Sorry about the late reply. No i didn't do it watson rally did it. if you look at mine though there is nothing to it. Slips straight in.

ravydavy
I hope so :(.

Never seen one over here, but I intend to see it in my 205.

Does anyone know any links to some 205 k20 videos?

I'll put some on you tube this weekend.

Ben_M
I'll put some on you tube this weekend.

Are they up loaded yet ?

gowmonster

are they uploaded yet? B)